Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2021
  • I respect this man opinions when it comes to food, so I thought I would give a go to the "thick" burger.

I believe I would need to try a few more to get the correct definition of thick.  Also I am having trouble getting fat content and best cut of beef figured out for best patty.  To me, the finish product is not a thick burger (wish I had left the press off of it).  And without know what an establishment uses for seasonings in its beef.  Hard to match up.

You can find the details of the burger in the LEM thread.  This is not the best burger I have ever had.  Thickness had nothing to do with that!

99% of the time my choice would be thin patty smash burgers. Not ever would have I thought that a thick burger could ever be the best burger I've ever had.

• #47 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Mar 2021
  • I respect this man opinions when it comes to food, so I thought I would give a go to the "thick" burger.

I believe I would need to try a few more to get the correct definition of thick.  Also I am having trouble getting fat content and best cut of beef figured out for best patty.  To me, the finish product is not a thick burger (wish I had left the press off of it).  And without know what an establishment uses for seasonings in its beef.  Hard to match up.

You can find the details of the burger in the LEM thread.  This is not the best burger I have ever had.  Thickness had nothing to do with that!

99% of the time my choice would be thin patty smash burgers. Not ever would have I thought that a thick burger could ever be the best burger I've ever had.

I appreciate the comment. Maybe a bit heavy on the mustard for me, but the burger looks real solid.
  • #48 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2021
  • Russian Dressing on top, mayo on bottom...I hate regular mustard.  How thick would a patty have to be to be thick in your book?
  • #49 by 02ebz06 on 24 Mar 2021
  • That looks about the right thickness to me, about 3/4" thick.

I'm not a fan of yellow mustard, but I do like the course ground brown mustard's.
  • #50 by Free Mr. Tony on 24 Mar 2021
  • Russian Dressing on top, mayo on bottom...I hate regular mustard.  How thick would a patty have to be to be thick in your book?

Oh. Maybe it's the camera. Would not have guessed russian. Definitely would have liked that. In my world that is a thick burger. It's all relative I guess as everyone would have a different opinion.
  • #51 by Bentley on 24 Mar 2021
  • I do not mind doing the research in this field like I did with BBQ!
  • #52 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2021
  • Nope, not yet.  60 seconds in the KA was not enough.  I guarantee tomorrow I get into meat paste territory!  I did finally for an 8oz patty get the seasonings right!

• #53 by BigDave83 on 25 Mar 2021
  • What is your ideal type or flavor profile in the seasoning?
  • #54 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2021
  • Usually equal parts of salt, onion & garlic power, with some cracked black pepper.  With just a touch of MSG!
  • #55 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Mar 2021
  • I usually don't go this elaborate for lunch, but I guess this thread has inspired me.  My favorite burger -- mushroom-swiss burger with caramelized onions and a bit of mayo. Overcooked the burger because it has been so long since I cooked one!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #56 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2021
  • So would you burger fans, consider this 8oz patty a "thick" burger?

• #57 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2021
  • I made half pound burgers "once" for poker night.
    Nobody liked them because they were so thick. Hahahahahaha
    Switched to 1/3 pounders after that.

• #58 by okie smokie on 26 Mar 2021
  • I made half pound burgers "once" for poker night.
    Nobody liked them because they were so thick. Hahahahahaha
    Switched to 1/3 pounders after that.
    I go for 1/3 lb. Bought a bag of Costco Sirloin burgers 85/15 and did two frozen the other night. I like to season mine in advance, but these were so good I am sold on just throwing them frozen on the B380 and seasoning while in progress. I use avocado oil on the grates and GG's and they don't stick.  First on the regular grates and then when almost done, I give them a minute on each side on the GG smooth side. I keep one GG panel in the middle of my SS grates. (aftermarket). Then when I do steaks or chops or burgers, the GG panel is good for putting the finish on the meat. Plenty of room for the combo, as there are only two of us. Pic below from an earlier lamb chop cook.
  • #59 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2021

• #60 by pmillen on 26 Mar 2021
  • So would you burger fans, consider this 8oz patty a "thick" burger?

Yeah, one inch, that's thick.
Pages:
Actions