Here's How I.... > Cook Pork

My Best BB Ribs Ever.

(1/5) > >>

okie smokie:
3 lb baby backs from Costco. 3 Guys smokin rib rub.. A standard brown sugar, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, paprika combo. Smoked at 220 for 3 hours, water spritzed a couple of times, Then wrapped with brown sugar, honey, Tiger sauce, and apple juice. NO Butter this time. IMO not needed. Then 2hrs at 225*.  Then painted with Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce, and back into the 225* pit naked on the foil for 40 min.  They were perfect for flavor, texture (easily pulled off the bone with completely naked bone, and were rendered almost free of any fat. I saved the juice from the wrap and poured off the fat.. Basted the ribs before eating with the juice, and put a little into the ziplock for the left overs. I may be stuck on BB's from here on.
Here they are bottom side after 3 hrs smoke at 220*.

Just unwrapped and painted, ready to go back on;

Just taken off the grill and cut

Plated: Great low carb meal with fresh green beans, sliced tomatoes, and Mandarin Oranges

Bar-B-Lew:
look great

I csn't wait to cook again in May

okie smokie:
Why the wait?

urnmor:
iOS great

BigDave83:
Those look great. I have only wrapped ribs a couple of times, I am lazy so it was to much messing around. But there is a difference in texture between wrapped and not wrapped to me.

I picked up about a 3# slab of BB ribs at Aldis yesterday. thinking of tossing them in the SV for 24 hours and then, ice and put them in the smoker on Sunday if the weather is decent I will use the little GMG if not the electric Cookshack will get the job as I can use it in the garage under a range hood.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View