Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2021
  • This is entry level LEM stuff and it is going to be light years from a Kitchen Aid attachment.  For the 1st time in my life, a 2nd grind will be possible!

• #2 by Canadian John on 22 Mar 2021

•  It appears to be a very well made unit. Kind of old school heavy duty.  Have fun!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 22 Mar 2021
  • Nice!!! Should be a big improvement.

• #4 by BigDave83 on 22 Mar 2021
  • Nice, bring on the YouTube grinding videos. And recipes.
  • #5 by hughver on 22 Mar 2021
  • Looks similar to mine, (https://stxinternational.com/products/marinators/STX-Turboforce-3000-Classic-Edition-Heavy-Duty-Electric-Meat-Grinder-&-Sausage-Stuffer-Complete-Package-p4289183) both made in China. I've had mine for 3-4 years and it has had absolutely no problems. I think that you will like it. 👍
  • #6 by lil moose on 22 Mar 2021
  • Love my #8 grinder.   Works well and easy clean up
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Mar 2021
  • Looks nice.   I have the #8 Big Bite thanks to build up of gift cards a few years ago.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 22 Mar 2021
  • I also have the #8.  Wish I had spent the extra bucks for the #12 though.
    At times when the load on the motor gets too much for it, it will trip it's circuit breaker.
    #12 had 50% more mower.
    I know, it's my fault trying to push too much through to fast.
  • #9 by pmillen on 22 Mar 2021
  • Gee, Bentley, I wish that was mine and you had one better.
  • #10 by Bentley on 22 Mar 2021
  • Game Changer! 

9oz of Skirt steak, 16oz of Chuck & 22oz of Brisket flat and 12oz of fat!  Just about 65%/35%.  Wanted Sirloin instead of Chuck, but Wally had none.

New LEM Grinder
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Mar 2021
  • Did you slightly freeze the meat or was it fridge temp?
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 23 Mar 2021
  • that sounds like a good mix for burgers.

You will probably need one of these if you don't have one, if you want to case sausage or something. Unless you have a stuffer. It is a foot pedal so you have both hands free.

https://www.amazon.com/Operated-Controller-Woodworking-Machine-Piggyback/dp/B07VSF64RM/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=foot+pedal+for+grinder&qid=1616500016&sr=8-5
  • #13 by Bentley on 23 Mar 2021
  • I bought it about 6:30pm last night, went to my AA meeting where it sat in the front seat.  Came home and at 8;45pm, ground and made burgers.  The next grind will be a little colder!

Did you slightly freeze the meat or was it fridge temp?
  • #14 by Bentley on 23 Mar 2021
  • Not sure if I will ever use it to pipe.  I had no idea it could accept a foot peddle, so I am really stoked now.  Dedicated stuffer maybe a thing of the past!
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Mar 2021
  • I wonder it it will accept the same attachments as the Big Bite grinder.  I have the one that makes the square patties and pushes them onto a foot long ramp with the paper roller underneath, the jerky slicer/tenderizer, a double grind head, several types of blades and different size pipes.  The square patty attachment also can do meat sticks without casings.  I think it is 4 quarter inch sticks at a time.  Of course, I have not used any of this stuff other than the jerky slicer.  I have the foot pedal too.  I think it may have come in the kit with the burger patty attachment.

There is a cool juicer type attachment too for tomatoes to run them through when you want to make tomato sauce.
Pages:
Actions