Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 28 Mar 2021
  • My research says that the LEM & KA small grinding plates I have are the same, supposedly both 3/16" (4.5mm).  But I would swear that the LEM Small plate is 1/8" or 3mm.  I guess not.  Although I am going to see if LEM offers both sizes.

I guess what I have to take into account with texture is I never did a 2nd grind with KA and it was always sent through 4.5mm plate.  I decided to bite the bullet and order the 3mm plate and see if it makes a difference in that 2nd grind GB texture.  I might start making Slim Jims too!
  • #32 by BigDave83 on 28 Mar 2021
  • I bought one of these, plates for mine #8. It works decently for doing larger diameter casings, like 32mm and the fibrous 1.5" like you would use for summer sausage/trail bologna. I have never had much luck trying to stuff small 21mm and under casing with any grinder except a hand one. Now that could be that my mix is never liquid enough.

This plate I like better than the little plastic or plastic and metal combo stuffing plate that is sent with most grinders or tubes.

https://www.amazon.com/Kidney-Sausage-Stuffing-Cabelas-grinder/dp/B01EYW4WWQ/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=%238+grinding+plate&qid=1616944092&sr=8-17
  • #33 by Bentley on 28 Mar 2021
  • One of these came with the LEM for piping.
Pages:
Actions