Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Starship on 23 Mar 2021
  • Okay, I'll bite, what's the best way to clean the interior light and viewing window on the new DB??
  • #2 by rughead on 23 Mar 2021
  •  

I use EZ-Off oven cleaner on the inside of the class door to my wood burning fireplace. I just spray it on,
    give it less then a minute to dissolve the smoke and wipe off. I then go over it again with a spray glass cleaner.
    I don't see why it would not work for your application.  :2cents: 
  • #3 by pmillen on 23 Mar 2021
  • I think I used ammonia and steel wool on my fireplace glass doors.

I also think that the fireplace shops have products for that.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 24 Mar 2021
  •  
     NOT a BD smoker. However our oven door glass gets super baked-on crud that is almost impossible to remove..I have used, a concentrated orange cleaner, scraped with a razor blade, degreaser and steel

wool. The problems were: scratches, cleaner and solvent migrating behind the glass and just not clean.

What works very well is to mist the glass with water (the door must remain open in the horizontal position for the entire process), the apply baking soda to the entire surface making sure it  is fully saturated.

Then WAIT, just don't let the B S dry out. Finally using a paper towel or discardable rag, wipe clean.. I refused to believe this would work until I tried it.  The "Wait"  time depends on the how baked-on the

crud is. If you don't wait it won't work well.   A bonus is it is more environmentally friendly. 
  • #5 by just4fn on 25 Mar 2021
  • I zip off the 7 or 8 little bolts around the glass that takes about 30 seconds and remove frame and the glass.  I use Bar Keepers Friend cleanser and put it back on.  Works great. When you remove the frame and glass you just need to be careful for obvious reasons. I don't have a light so no help there unless you can remove the cover and use BKF for that also.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2021
  • That Bar Keepers Friend is good stuff!
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021

Doesn't scratch the surface ?
  • #8 by just4fn on 25 Mar 2021

no it does not.  Let is soak for a few minutes and wipe/scrub it off.  It will take a couple of times
  • #9 by Darwin on 25 Mar 2021

They also make it for spray bottles.  Label says safe for glass, stainless,  tile...  It does contain citric and oxalic acid.
  • #10 by silverbullet on 25 Mar 2021
  • Bar keepers friend works well. I've also used soft scrub on the glass door of our pellet stove.
  • #11 by ICIdaho on 26 Mar 2021
    It is good, but smells like a sour dish rag.  I still use it though.
  • #12 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2021
  • They also make it for spray bottles.  Label says safe for glass, stainless,  tile...  It does contain citric and oxalic acid.

Thanks, I will have to get some.
    Been using Greased Lightening, then a SS cleaner on my SS grill.
    Greased Lightening gets the majority off, but not all.
  • #13 by just4fn on 26 Mar 2021
  • Take the glass out
Pages:
Actions