Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • Many people are using this oven on the PizzaMaking forum.
    One of these days I will have to get one for making bread.
    It is a steam oven, so should end up with a nice soft crust on the bread.
  • #2 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Mar 2021
  • Using it to make pizza or just proof dough?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • I would primarily use it for bread, since I have a pizza oven.
    However, on rainy/snowy/cold days I would try making a pizza in it.
    I guess you can make everything you make in a regular kitchen oven.
    Depending on size or course.

• #4 by pmillen on 25 Mar 2021
  • There's a bit more of a discussion here.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • There's a bit more of a discussion here.

Well, feed me peanuts, and call me Dumbo.   :-[
    I forgot all about that thread.
    Guess I should have searched before posing.
  • #6 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Mar 2021
  • I really like pizza. I have a Blackstone that I normally use. But I have a pizza steel that I will use in the home oven. I am worried someday that the Blackstone will fail and it is no longer made. So I keep an eye on other pizza ovens. My wife has a countertop proofing oven already that she loves. I was just wondering if people were using the Anova to make pizza.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • I really like pizza. I have a Blackstone that I normally use. But I have a pizza steel that I will use in the home oven. I am worried someday that the Blackstone will fail and it is no longer made. So I keep an eye on other pizza ovens. My wife has a countertop proofing oven already that she loves. I was just wondering if people were using the Anova to make pizza.

The Ooni Koda 16 is a pretty popular pizza oven.
  • #8 by hughver on 25 Mar 2021
  • In looking at the specifications, it shows both 120V and 220V data. Does this thing preform differently on 220V?
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • In looking at the specifications, it shows both 120V and 220V data. Does this thing preform differently on 220V?

I'm guessing they offer 240V for Europe and such.
    A 240V unit would be cheaper to run than a 120V unit however.
  • #10 by hughver on 25 Mar 2021
  • If the 220V version is available here I'm interested. I sent a request for power information to Anova but so far no answer.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 25 Mar 2021
  • The Center plug in the 240V section is a USA plug 240V/15A.
    A Nema 6-15 plug I believe.
    Don't see why they wouldn't sell one with that configuration.
  • #12 by hughver on 25 Mar 2021
  • A 240V unit would be cheaper to run than a 120V unit however.

If my experience with the GE Profile Advantium (I've owned both 120 and 220V models) is any indicator, 220V is a game changer when it comes to performance.
  • #13 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2021
  • They must be very special for baking!
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 29 Mar 2021
  • If the 220V version is available here I'm interested. I sent a request for power information to Anova but so far no answer.

I also asked about power and if 240V version could be ordered in USA, as well as the weight of the unit.
    First response this morning was this:

Thanks for reaching out!

The Anova Precision Oven weighs 58 lbs with all the packaging/roughly 46lbs without.

On the other hand, the power/plug depends on which country you will use it (since we have international units). For US and Canada it is 1800 W / 120 V with US plug, while we offer UK, AU and EU plug at 2200-2400 W / 220-240 V.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Monence Zapra
    Customer Success Associate
    Anova Culinary

So, I asked again if a 240V unit can be ordered in the USA.
    Got this back just now:

As of the moment, there are no 240V Oven unit available yet in our warehouse. When we do, it will be available for purchase here- <web site>

Kind regards,

Monence Zapra
    Customer Success Associate
    Anova Culinary

• #15 by ylr on 29 Mar 2021
  • In theory, you could take an international unit(which runs on 50hz power), change the plug, and it will work on North American 60hz power. YMMV. :2cents:
Pages:
Actions