Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Dansons/Country Smokers...Louisana Grills...Pit Boss

New Pit Boss Platinum Laredo 1000 from Walmart.

(1/4) > >>

Curly777:
Good day y’all. I took delivery of the PB Laredo 1000 this week and put in “some assembly required” this morning. It takes two able bodied humans to heft the thing over twice, and to hold this and that as it gets screwed in from the other side. The manual was reasonably easy to follow along with and things fit together as they should. I’ll call it 3 hours, maybe a little less. The grill seems to be very well built and is well designed. The 1000 includes the two upper racks, of course, but I was aware of that from the get-go. The purchase and delivery were a snap. I’m not usually a Walmart shopper but this grill is made for them expressly. I’ve burnt through 2 (older) Traegers and the IPT, so I recognize a decent grill when I see one, and this grill looks to be decent. My only concern was a possible DOA controller and that proved unnecessary. Burn in went as expected. Toss in $50 for delivery, and $50 for a cover, and I’m at $600 total. It’s a lot of grill, for the dough. Comes with a 5-year warranty. If it cooks as good as its first impression, I’ll be a very happy camper. I will keep you updated.

02ebz06:
Congrats on the grill!!!
Happy smokin'    :bbq:

Bentley:
Thank you for the input.  I hope you enjoy it a great deal!

pmillen:
Good for you, Curley.

Don't wait 3 more months to make your next post.  Burn that baby in and show us how it smokes.

I'm not a Walmart shopper, either, but they have some items that are unique to them.  So I get it.

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: pmillen on March 28, 2021, 09:25:23 PM ---Good for you, Curley.

Don't wait 3 more months to make your next post.  Burn that baby in and show us how it smokes.

I'm not a Walmart shopper, either, but they have some items that are unique to them.  So I get it.

--- End quote ---

I agree, get to cooking some stuff and sharing some of the goodness you make with us.

I also am not a Wally world person. Until my present girlfriend came along about 4 years ago I had went to WM maybe twice in about  years. Now I get maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I know many people that go almost every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View