Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Apr 2021
  • I had not thought about Easter food until today when a friend asked what I would be making.  Got me to thinking.  I have been on a modified quasi-Keto/low carb diet for about 2 months and having some success losing weight.  But I decide on on massive cheat day for Easter.

So I am planning -- Eggs Benedict (traditional version), hash browns, and fruit salad.

What is on the menu at your house for Easter?
  • #2 by cookingjnj on 02 Apr 2021
  • We will not be using any of the pits at home.  Heading down to my mom's house where she will have a spiral ham and I will grill off some lamb chops on her gasser grill.  Not sure of all the sides yet.
  • #3 by ofelles on 02 Apr 2021
  • 15lb bone in prime rib smoked & seared with Au Jus and Horseradish Crème Fraiche.  Mashed potatoes, salad & veggie by others.  Creole shrimp dip, Almost-Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake, ice cream.
    Finally can have part of the family over!
     :clap:
  • #4 by glitchy on 02 Apr 2021
  • I'll be MAKing my first ever strip loin roast (wanted to try something similar, but a little different than prime rib), with hash brown casserole and green beans w/onions and bacon. We'll be adding some King's Hawaiian sweet rolls and picked up a Costco Cheesecake for dessert. Now I just need to figure out how long this roast will take to cook.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Apr 2021
  • When did you get the MAK?  Are you going to keep it? ;D
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Apr 2021
  • Bentley decided to practice making a Swiss Roll yesterday.  Red velvet cake with a pistachio pudding/ cream cheese filling.  He was disappointed in how it looked, but I think it was pretty good for only his third attempt -- they are a technically difficult cake to make. I think it tasted pretty good and will also have a piece of this on Easter.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by hughver on 02 Apr 2021
  • Not sure, we've been invited over to a friend's house for brunch. No cooking here.   :clap:
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2021
  • Ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and key lime pie.
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Apr 2021

That was always one of my favorite go to menus for Easter!
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2021

That was always one of my favorite go to menus for Easter!

Ours too.
    Ham's were on sale for $1.19/lb so bought two.  :cool:
  • #11 by glitchy on 02 Apr 2021
  • When did you get the MAK?  Are you going to keep it? ;D

I've had it about a month. Decided to go higher end again after getting rid of the SmokeFire. One way or another, it will be likely be my last pellet grill for some time or I'll be cooking for one most of the time ;) I'm very impressed so far.
  • #12 by dk117 on 02 Apr 2021
  • I had not thought about Easter food until today when a friend asked what I would be making.  Got me to thinking.  I have been on a modified quasi-Keto/low carb diet for about 2 months and having some success losing weight.  But I decide on on massive cheat day for Easter.

So I am planning -- Eggs Benedict (traditional version), hash browns, and fruit salad.

What is on the menu at your house for Easter?
    Having been on what I call Atkins (low carb) for most of 18 years, I've lost my sweet tooth completely.   Deviled eggs, raw veggies and ham.  Cheat days are fine, but I've ultimately found them not necessary.  I'm finally back to my college weight.  Good luck and Happy Easter!

DK
  • #13 by Bentley on 02 Apr 2021
  • Thats a Good One!    :pig:

One way or another, it will be likely be my last pellet grill for some time...
  • #14 by BigDave83 on 02 Apr 2021
  • Nothing wrong with the swiss roll. I say it looks good enough to eat.

Woman used to make them growing up, I am not a baker so i would probably get frustrated pretty quick. I have a cousin that makes pumpkin rolls around Thanksgiving and Christmas, she passes off the cracked ones to me and the GF as she knows we couldn't care less what they look like, because they taste great.
  • #15 by glitchy on 02 Apr 2021
  • That's my story and I'm stickin to it :rotf: I just cannot fathom why anyone would not believe it :help: I mean, It did take me almost 8 years to get into double digits :'(

Thats a Good One!    :pig:

One way or another, it will be likely be my last pellet grill for some time...
Pages:
Actions