Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingsford Pellets  (Read 1007 times)

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Kingsford Pellets
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:08:23 PM »

I was driving around running errands and heard a Kingsford pellet commercial on the radio.  It seems from the reviews on their website they have been around for about a year.  I guess it was only a matter of time before they jumped into the pellet business.

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Kingsford Pellets
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 12:41:21 PM »

I bought a couple bags 6-8 months ago. I gave away one of them to the person that bought my Woodwind and still haven't tried the other yet. Haven't heard any complaints about them. I'm curious if Kingsford is making the product themselves or if have Bear Mountain, BBQr's Delight, CookinPellets, etc. producing them under the Kingsford label?
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

lil moose

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »

I did try these and they were good but the price was crazy.    $11.99 for a 10lb bag way to high

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

It seems from the reviews on their website they have been around for about a year.

As I recall, I think I first saw them in the summer of 2018 when lil moose bought his.  But I'm aging fast and one year seems like another.  So maybe not.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 12:12:50 PM »

Bought a 20lb. bag of cherry yesterday for $17.99. They seemed to cook ok.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

bregent

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 12:23:59 PM »

I saw a 20lb bag of 100% hickory at the grocery store a few weeks ago for $12. Not sure if that was regular or sale price.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »

Was streaming something on my firestick this weekend and saw a commercial for these pellets.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »

Recently Recteq stopped selling their in house brand and is now only selling Kingsford or CookingPellets. That is how I found out about them. Haven't tried them yet.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

lil moose

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 08:35:15 AM »

It seems from the reviews on their website they have been around for about a year.

As I recall, I think I first saw them in the summer of 2018 when lil moose bought his.  But I'm aging fast and one year seems like another.  So maybe not.
yes sir, your memory is fine.  I bought a bag from Lowes to see how good they were. BUT dang the PRICE!  I'll stick with my BBQr's  Delight  :bbq:     
Pages: [1]   Go Up