Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by silverbullet on 04 Apr 2021
  • Been doing this pellet fan thing since 2008, Started with a traeger 070 then on to a couple GMG's & a Louisiana Elite800. Which has been a good pit. Its just to big for what I need. Goes though a lot of pellets. Started looking for the size of the ole 070.
    Started asking questions here a few months ago & it was Bentley that steered me to the Woodwind. I then looked at his review shopped & compared with other units in its price point. I spent the extra money & got the WW PG 24.
    Never have I had a pit with so many bells & whistles. The pellet dump, the sliding heat diffuser, (one I don't have to use a screwdriver on) the glass in the pellet hopper. 22lb pellet hopper, The deal breaker was the easy ash clean out.
    The bonus feature is the controller. Love it! the 10 different smoke settings. I smoked a couple butts this weekend & the probes were within 1 or 2 degrees of the thermopen. And it didn't use a ton of pellets. Living in Wisconsin I see a thermo blanket in my future. This rejuvenated me again for this passion!

The minor picks I have in this unit is, I put it together in the garage, With the chimney on the backside I had to take the smokestack top off to fit it through the garage man door to the back patio. & I got used to having wheels on all four legs.

I'm on the fence right now as if I need the searbox or sidekick accessory. Don't know if I would use them enough. 

Thank You Bentley for steering me in this direction. This is one really nice pit that I can see myself enjoying for many years!
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 05 Apr 2021
  • That is great, always nice to find something that meets our needs and more than meets our expectations.

I have not seen one up close but I have always liked the Sidekick version. Just so much versatility if you decide to buy a few more things. If I remember you could buy a pizza oven, a griddle, pretty much anything that worked with their 14" cooking system.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Apr 2021
  • That is great, always nice to find something that meets our needs and more than meets our expectations.

I have not seen one up close but I have always liked the Sidekick version. Just so much versatility if you decide to buy a few more things. If I remember you could buy a pizza oven, a griddle, pretty much anything that worked with their 14" cooking system.

I may have to save up for one of those and unload my vertical Pit Boss and the Blazn that I bought used.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Apr 2021

•  It's so nice to hear of  pellet pit contentment.  Love it!
Pages:
Actions