Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Apr 2021
  • I honestly can't remember when I last had lamb chops.  It may have been when I visited New Zealand about 20 years ago.  But saw some imported from Australia at Costco and decided to have a go.  Of course, after looking at the price tag I was reminded as to maybe why I don't eat them much -- this is about 1.5 lbs (and that includes all that bone), nearly $12 per pound and nearly $19 total!!!  It is now in frig in the marinade of olive oil, garlic, sea salt, thyme and rosemary.  After a couple of hours will take out and let come to room temp and then grill at high heat on the Memphis Pro, probably about 1 minute per side. I will post finished photos later.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Apr 2021
  • Lamb chop update:  grilled them on the Memphis Pro at nearly 500 degrees for just a few minutes.  Very good, even Bent liked them!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by Bentley on 07 Apr 2021
  • They were very good!

But at $12/lb I am going to opt for some pretty good cuts of beef!
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 07 Apr 2021
  • Barefoot grilling. That's my move.
  • #5 by ylr on 07 Apr 2021
  • I'm assuming the grill press was used to help the cook?
  • #6 by Bentley on 07 Apr 2021
  • Was just trying to put some marks on it, but I did not know she had it turned so low!
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 08 Apr 2021
  • I would eat those.

I have never had that cut of them before, usually find the little Tbone chops around here.

Will have to look for them at Sam's next time I go.
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Apr 2021
  • This was packaged and sold as a rack, but I had Bent cut into chops.
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 08 Apr 2021
  • Those look awesome.  Love lamb chops.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 09 Apr 2021
  • I would definitely try those, they look great.
  • #11 by okie smokie on 09 Apr 2021
  • We get them cut like Tbones and 1.25 inches thick at Costco. I grill em with my usual SP, onion powder, paprika and Worchestershire to soak in for about an hour before, and then onto the grill at 500. They are great. And cheaper than the long rib roast piece. Wife's favorite with mint jelly.
  • #12 by scdaf on 10 Apr 2021
  • The t-bone types go on sale at Safeway once in awhile for $5/lb.  Usually use a Greek marinade, sous vide, then cast iron for the sear.
Pages:
Actions