Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 12 Apr 2021
  • Yesterday I had a great time making a stuffed pork tenderloin wrapped in smoke bacon with a molasses-honey glaze served with grilled potatoes and honey glazed carrots.  The pork tenderloin was served with a red wine with a blend of 55% Syrah, 45% Grenache.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 12 Apr 2021
  •  
      SUPERB!
  • #3 by pmillen on 12 Apr 2021
  • That's a very nice meal.

Did the red wine pair well with the other white meat?
  • #4 by urnmor on 12 Apr 2021
  • That's a very nice meal.

Did the red wine pair well with the other white meat?

Thank you and I am one who does not follow the rule for wine especially since I drink the wine as I cook. 
  • #5 by pmillen on 12 Apr 2021
  • Thank you and I am one who does not follow the rule for wine especially since I drink the wine as I cook.

Yeah, I never did blindly follow the old red wine/white wine rules but I usually don't go more red than Rosé with pork, so I was wondering how the red paired. 
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 12 Apr 2021
  • Great looking tenderloin there urnmor.  I say drink what you like.  Why drink something you are not excited about because folks say only white goes with.... and red goes with.....
  • #7 by ezgoin on 12 Apr 2021
  • I'm a firm believer in Justin Wilson's idea that you drink the kind of wine you like.  If that chicken, fish, or beef knows what color wine I'm drinking, it isn't cooked enough.
  • #8 by Bentley on 13 Apr 2021
  • Did you have any issues with the cook regarding getting the bacon cooked the way you wanted and still have the loin at the temperature you also wanted?
  • #9 by urnmor on 13 Apr 2021
  • Did you have any issues with the cook regarding getting the bacon cooked the way you wanted and still have the loin at the temperature you also wanted?

I first pre cooked the bacon on very low heat for a few minutes as it is easier to wrap and also IMO making sure it is cooked sufficiently and not over cook the tenderloin
Pages:
Actions