Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Curly777 on 12 Apr 2021
  • Good day fellow pellet heads. I’ve done three cooks on the new Pit Boss grill so far and I must say, I am impressed. And happy. One each of chicken thighs, back loin ribs, and a small pork butt. These are pretty much my go to cooks, as it’s just me and the missus these days. I really like this grill. If I had to pin down a few bullet points, on what it is I like, I guess I’d have to go with ease of use, how well it holds temp, and the phone app. But there’s great smoke ring, ease of emptying the fire box (when there’s no need to vacuum the entire grill), the way the heat probes go through the body, and not under the hood, the tilt up shelf that has a little space to hide things when it’s down, and... well, there is very little I don’t like. The only con I’ve found so far is in the sliding piece that opens up to allow searing of meat, which is something I’ll probably never use. It gets stuck pretty easily from the dripping grease, while cooking. Oh, and I wish it had four turning casters. So much so that I might pop for a couple, if they’re available from parts. But overall, this is a winner of a grill. Ask me again after the summer is gone, but if it keeps performing like it has so far, I’ll like it just as much.
  • #2 by okie smokie on 13 Apr 2021
  • Sounds like a great report to me. I have been impressed with the steady improvement in both function and quality of the PB line. Lotsa bank for the buck as well. Keep us informed as you go.  :clap:
  • #3 by Curly777 on 21 Apr 2021
  • Good day from sunny Oregon. The wife had pulled out a flatiron steak yesterday, to go with last night’s dinner. We usually pan fry them in a cast iron skillet, but being saddled with a new grill and all, I thought it might be fun to try the sear/charbroil feature the new PB has, so I grilled it at a high heat with the grate open. Already I can tell I’ll be grilling a lot more steaks this year. Worked every bit as well as charcoal. Not to sound like a broken record but I like this grill. I might try smoking the next flatiron for a while before grilling it, see how that tastes.
  • #4 by Bentley on 21 Apr 2021
  • Nothing like a wood grilled steak!  Are we talking medium rare?
  • #5 by pmillen on 21 Apr 2021
  • Yeah, "Saddled."  You bear a huge burden.
Pages:
Actions