Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Dansons/Country Smokers...Louisana Grills...Pit Boss

Pit Boss, the company.

(1/2) > >>

Curly777:
I’m not sure this belongs here but it seems like the most likely place, so...

Yesterday evening my brother in law asked me where Pit Boss grills are made. I had to say I didn’t  know. China, I assume, but I went online. An article indicated that PB isn’t really up front about it, so China seems like a safe bet. I mean, if they were built in Montana they’d tell you so. Right? Regardless, I’m loving my grill.

But the interesting part of the article is why I’m bothering you currently. Here is a quote from said article:

“In September 2018, the company hired Joe Traeger (The Godfather of Pellet Grills) along with his son Brian.  Bob Traeger aka BBQ Bob is helping the Pit Boss team promote and raise...”

Perhaps this is common knowledge but it surprised the heck out of me. Presumably it’s correct. I read it on the internet.

Good day y’all, from Sunny and hot (86 degrees) Oregon.

Bar-B-Lew:
We heard that before.  I think the current owners of Traeger sued either Papa Traeger or Pit Boss or both.

pmillen:
Yeah, that discussion was 2½ years ago, here.  But, that was before curly777 joined PF and a lot of people may have missed it.

Curly777:
Yeah, sorry y’all. As noted, I wasn’t logged in for a long time. Last I was comin’ around it was still pelletheads. Spent some time with cancer and in general not paying attention. I’ll do better and search before I post next time.

Bentley:
You need never apologize for starting a thread like this.

--- Quote from: Curly777 on April 21, 2021, 04:37:33 PM ---Yeah, sorry y’all. As noted, I wasn’t logged in for a long time. Last I was comin’ around it was still pelletheads. Spent some time with cancer and in general not paying attention. I’ll do better and search before I post next time.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View