Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Apr 2021
  • I just run the meat thru the LEM jerky slicer.  Throw in a container with some liquid marinade and mix around with my hands.  Let sit for 12-24 hours in the fridge.  Pull out and lay on frogmats on wire racks and then sprinkle with a dry rub.  Smoke at lowest setting on grill for about 3 hours and then in the dehydrater at its highest setting for another 2-3 hours.  Remove, throw in a brown paper bag and put in the fridge over night.  Vac seal the next day.  Freeze what I won't eat that week.  I quit using cure.  I don't see the need for it when vac sealing and freezing.
  • #17 by Osborn Cox on 26 Apr 2021
  •  A few months ago Piggly Wiggly had whole cryovac beef tenderloins for $3.79/#, so I bought a bunch of them and I’ve been using it for jerky.    No surprise, it is the best jerky I have ever made.   I used to make a homemade wet brine and then sprinkle with a pepper/spice blend before putting in the smoker.    I recently started using Hi Mountain original jerky cure and then adding a fair amount of sriracha.       
Pages:
Actions