Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas grill help with thoughts.  (Read 1619 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Gas grill help with thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 11:53:44 AM »

I bought a small Weber grill just for steaks.
Reason being, I foil the drip tray (flavorizer as Memphis calls it) in the Elite and foil melts above 500.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 11:56:27 AM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »

They had one assembled and we were able to fit it in the back of my Honda Pilot so I brought it home today.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »

That is very nice. I see the extra knob is that fr a rotisserie burner? I believe I would like that feature.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2021, 03:20:57 PM »

If you put the right size Sizzle-Q® or Little Griddle® on that Weber gasser you'd also have a swell stainless steel gas griddle.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2021, 03:32:37 PM »

That is very nice. I see the extra knob is that fr a rotisserie burner? I believe I would like that feature.

The small knob on the right in between the two burner knobs is a sear station.  It essentially is another burner so there are three really close to each other.  Will see how that works at some point.

I am going to buy a rotisserie in June after my credit card cycles through its billing period.  It is $130 on Amazon.  I should have enough Amazon reward $ by then to pay for it.  You remove the grates and place aluminum pans on the flavorizer bars.  There are slots in the grill body for the rotisserie to sit in and the motor will sit flush on the outside on the left side shelf.

It ended up being $100 more than the 3 burner grill after the $100 gift card deal so I figured I would upgrade to the larger grill and 4th burner for only $100.

I will probably cook some burgers tomorrow and maybe even some wings if I can find any while cleaning up my Memphis and MAK.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2021, 11:06:45 AM »

That's a very nice looking grill, stainless and all..Waiting on your evaluation.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »

If you put the right size Sizzle-Q® or Little Griddle® on that Weber gasser you'd also have a swell stainless steel gas griddle.

Great idea.  I've been looking at them this morning trying to figure out what to buy.  Weber has one that fits in place of one of the grill grates, but it is not stainless.  I need to read some more reviews about it.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »

I need to read some more reviews about it.

The large Little Griddle® on my old infrared gasser that I hated.

There are a ton of relevant videos on YouTube.

Stainless steel won't hold seasoning.  It'll get brown in places and you'll have to decide if you want to clean it with a squirt of water after each cook.

Have fun.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2021, 12:50:49 PM »

I had a Euro Griddle that was similar to the one you had in the pic.  I gave it and a stainless steel wood chip box away when I sold my Weber Spirit.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »

Finally just got around to putting the new grill on the patio this morning and burning it in.  It has rained here on and off since Friday afternoon thru last night.

I hooked up a Thermoworks high temp thermometer probe (K style) at the grill grate so I could compare the temps at the grate to the lid thermometer.  I had the grill running at high on all four burners for about 20 minutes or so.  Lid thermometer was about 630° while my grate thermometer was at 670°.  I turned them all down to medium level now and will see where that settles in.  I wanted to get an understanding of the temp difference before I started cooking so I could have some knowledge of where I wanted to set the knobs to cook some burgers, hot dogs, and sausages today.  I am hoping medium is somewhere between 350°-400°.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2021, 11:14:53 AM »

Medium was about 510° on the lid thermometer and about 525° at the grate with the Thermoworks probe.  Turned it to low setting to see where that ends up.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2021, 02:06:28 PM »

That's off to a good start when the temps are that close.   I bet if the ThermaQ probe was attached to the Weber thermometer, the minor differences would be closer.

Now on to cooking. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:10:39 PM by Canadian John »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2021, 03:46:32 PM »

Low was about 410° on the lid and 430° on the Thermoworks.  When I put some food on it got closer 385° on lid vs 392° on the probe.

Here are a few pics of the cook today.  I think this thing is about as big as my Memphis Elite.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2021, 03:47:06 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

pmillen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2021, 05:56:38 PM »

Can you get it to hold steady at 325°F by shutting burner(s) off?
Paul

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up