Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by desertdad on 02 May 2021
  • Has anyone seen a comparison of fan/blower noise levels among the different manufacturers?

I recently picked up a Grilla Silverbac which is a great pit but it's much louder than other pellet grills I've been owned or been around. It's not a deal breaker but a guest that we had over last night for dinner made a comment about the noise level and it got me wondering about this today. I owned a Kuma and a MAK in the past and both were quiet compared to the Grilla. I'm wondering if the noise levels are attributed to the price factor of import vs USA made grills and the quality of the parts used in each?
  • #2 by Bentley on 02 May 2021
  • I never paid much attention to fan levels to be honest with you.  I know the GMG's were moderate I would say until the unit was starting to pulsate, then it could get louder.  My Memphis Pro is pretty quite.  Breathing is 10db, I would guess the MP is 40db.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 May 2021
  • Bentley, you should add the Sound Meter app to your phone and give it a try.
  • #4 by Bentley on 02 May 2021
  • I had no idea there was such...will look into it right now.  And next time I fire up the MP check it.  I am probably way off.
  • #5 by Bentley on 02 May 2021
  • What a trip!  My Laptop fan produces 22db about 8" from the computer.  Will see about the Memphis when I get back from Michigan!
  • #6 by desertdad on 02 May 2021
  • I was just reading that the GMG Jim Bowie runs at 66db peak. I need to find my sound meter so I can do a true test on the SB. Thanks for the replies so far.
  • #7 by zueth on 02 May 2021
  • GMG was LOUD, the auger was loud and fan was loud.

My Rec Teq I can barely hear the auger going and fan is normal. It is a very noticeable difference between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages:
Actions