Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

Elite Rib Rack?

(1/3) > >>

ba123:
So doing my first large rib cook and using my GMG rack. It isn't perfect, but works... So much more space to the sides.

Anyone find a rack that works great for the Elite to cook a lot of ribs? Maybe so the racks run sideways or more of an angle or something?

Bar-B-Lew:
Buy the additional racks for the Elite.  I can fit 13 or so racks of baby backs on mine using all three levels - 2 on top, 4 in middle, and 7-8 on the bottom.

ba123:
Really? and you can just lay them all out with no rack? If so that would be much better. I didn't even think of trying to fit them that way but they do cook better...maybe I should try to move them. Can I really fit 8 on the bottom?

I'll get the other middle rack, but that'll have to be for next time.

ba123:
I prob shouldn’t have moved them, but I have plenty of time today…

Could only fit 6 on the bottom, so payed out two on the small rack and put that in the middle grate space.

Hopefully my Apple juice containers don’t mess with anything sitting there, but we’ll see.

Thanks!

Bar-B-Lew:
I have a pic on here somewhere of 7 or 8 on the bottom.  Not sure why you think you need the apple juice.  If you could at 275° for 3 to 3.5 hours those ribs will be done and plenty moist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View