Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 12 May 2021
  • Our youngest grandson, Alex, who will be 5 in June has been a lover of animals since I can remember.  His two favorites are elephants and guinea pigs.  He has been trying to convince his Mom and Dad to buy two or three guinea pigs for him but to no avail.  So he crafted a plan and asked them if he could have an elephant to keep in the back yard.  Of course Mom and Dad  said no as the yard is too small and besides who would pick up the large poop of an elephant.  He said his Dad and he would help sometimes.  Of course Mom said no then with a straight face he turns to both of them and said then let me have guinea pigs they are small and don’t poop a lot.

IMO Mom and Dad fell right into his 5 year old trap

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Canadian John on 12 May 2021

•  We (adults) tend to complicate things. Children, not. That is straight forward thinking, 5 year old or not. Love it!

A similar situation: I was digging in the garden when my very young daughter @ the time, came out to advise me that lunch was ready. I said that I wanted to finish the job.  With out thinking, my daughter

said, just leave the shovel there and come in. That way you'll know where you left off.
  • #3 by urnmor on 12 May 2021
  • They do bring a smile to our face
  • #4 by dk117 on 12 May 2021
  • one of the only reasons I am still on social media.  Facebook memories.  Mine from today 10 years ago.

"putting Lauren to bed tonight, she tells me she's nocturnal ... she's 4." 

DK
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 12 May 2021
  • I also wanted an elephant when I was 4.  I gather I was very insistent.  My parents found an elephant toy which blew bubbles.  The elephant had a bucket in which you put bubble liquid and you wound it up, it dipped its trunk into the bubble liquid and then blew bubbles.  It is the only toy I wish I still had!
  • #6 by Bentley on 13 May 2021
  • Keep them on their toes Alex!
  • #7 by urnmor on 13 May 2021
  • Keep them on their toes Alex!

He and his older sister certainly do
Pages:
Actions