Recipe Section > Fowl

Million Dollar Chicken Casserole

<< < (2/4) > >>

BigDave83:
This looks like something I would try. But I also ask what do I do with it when it is done? Do I eat it over waffles, pasta, rice? Maybe wrap in a tortilla? I am thinking it will come out kind of thicker,, so maybe use as a dip for some tortilla chips, or maybe even layer it in with some of the no cook lasagna strips. I don't know why but my mind ells me it would be good with some corn and mushrooms added toss in a can of black beans with corn.

I guess I need to just make it and go from there.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: BigDave83 on May 13, 2021, 03:33:31 PM ---I guess I need to just make it and go from there.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's the entrée.  It's thicker than a stew, similar texture as Mac and cheese.

Add a vegetable side, maybe a salad.

glitchy:
Paul, Thanks for sharing this, made it tonight for dinner and both wife and daughter went back for seconds. Already in Paprika to be made again some day. Next time going to go a touch longer or hit the broiler for a couple mins if I don’t shift to the MAK. It was rainy so tossed in oven.

Though, while I was eating it, I was trying to decide if it could be served over something. First thoughts were buttered egg noodles or biscuits.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: glitchy on May 16, 2021, 07:20:57 PM ---Next time going to go a touch longer or hit the broiler for a couple mins if I don’t shift to the MAK.

--- End quote ---

I kinda suspect that it was on the thin side.  That happened to me the first time I made it when I had it below 350°F for a while.  I put it back in and it thickened up quite a bit.

It pleases me that your family enjoyed it.

hughver:
I also made this dish a couple of days ago and it was excellent. I used sautéed fresh onion/garlic instead of powder, used sous vide thighs and finished it off under the broiler. The moisture content was perfect when served as an entrée but probably would need a little more if served over pasta. Thanks for sharing Paul.  :lick:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View