Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 19 May 2021
  • I know you can get a membership to the KCBS and get a "Day Pass" to RD.
    Is the "Day Pass" a use once pass or is it good for as long as you have the KCBS membership?
  • #2 by pmillen on 19 May 2021
  • I have my KCBS Membership Card on my cell phone.  I use it repeatedly.  I used it once when it was expired.
  • #3 by Bentley on 19 May 2021
  • Good question.  Have not been a member of KCBS since 2015, and have had a RD card since 2008, so I just don't know.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 19 May 2021
  • I have my KCBS Membership Card on my cell phone.  I use it repeatedly.  I used it once when it was expired.

So you only need the KCBS membership card ?
    No RD pass issued by KCBS ?
  • #5 by pmillen on 19 May 2021
  • Just walk in, show your KCBS Membership card at the desk, they fill out a pass.  You show the pass to the cashier when you check out.  Do it again the next time you go.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 May 2021
  • Just walk in, show your KCBS Membership card at the desk, they fill out a pass.  You show the pass to the cashier when you check out.  Do it again the next time you go.

That is what I used to do when I lived in the Chicago suburbs.  When I moved to PA, I got a card from my brothers business so I don't have any issues anymore.
  • #7 by pmillen on 20 May 2021
  • When I moved to PA, I got a card from my brothers business so I don't have any issues anymore.

What issues did you have?  The staff at my local RD are welcoming.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 May 2021
  • When I moved to PA, I got a card from my brothers business so I don't have any issues anymore.

What issues did you have?  The staff at my local RD are welcoming.

More of a hassle of having to take the time to find someone and go thru the effort to get the paper slip.  Now I just scan my card and enter and start spending money.
  • #9 by pmillen on 20 May 2021
  • What issues did you have?  The staff at my local RD are welcoming.

More of a hassle of having to take the time to find someone and go thru the effort to get the paper slip.  Now I just scan my card and enter and start spending money.

Oh, I get it.
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 20 May 2021

Thanks, that makes it rather easy.
  • #11 by pmillen on 20 May 2021
  • The only hassle I have is that they don't have a regular-sized shopping cart at my RD.  I have to take a large flatbed in from the outdoor corral.  Commercial shoppers are there with their flatbeds piled high and I follow them with a beef roast and chicken nuggets.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 May 2021
  • The only hassle I have is that they don't have a regular-sized shopping cart at my RD.  I have to take a large flatbed in from the outdoor corral.  Commercial shoppers are there with their flatbeds piled high and I follow them with a beef roast and chicken nuggets.

Same here.  I don't think I have ever seen a grocery cart in an RD though.  A bit different than GFS that has carts because it is open to consumers too.
Pages:
Actions