Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready for Summer!  (Read 238 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Ready for Summer!
« on: May 21, 2021, 06:30:14 PM »

Well, suppose to be 93 degrees tomorrow so decide it was time to go get the $20 Intex Snapset 8 ft pools. They only last a season and that was fine.  Easy to fill and loved by every pup which passed through my house between April and Sept.  Also loved by Bentley who would plunge in to cool off after hours of mowing or tractor work, or sometimes just to play with the dogs.   Except last year. Started looking the first of May and could not find anywhere.  Then found a few on the internet but they wanted $80 for them and I wasn't paying that. Home purchases of kiddie pools due to Covid wiped out the supply.  But I went to Walmart today and there were plenty for sale at $20.

So let the summer fun at the Meredith's begin. Who says life in Mayberry isn't exciting!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Ready for Summer!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 08:05:26 PM »

Great idea!

Are you able to easily clean and empty it?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 09:14:48 PM »

Yes, we pour a bit of liquid chorine in and that does well for several days.  To empty, you just put your foot on one side and push in and all the water runs out and then you can just hose down and start again.  I got a couple of pool noodles a few years back and Bent could actually float around in it because of the 8 ft diameter.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 09:30:12 PM »

A 6'2", 390lb man does not float in an 18 inch high pool.  Now, that man can put a noodle behind his head and it will keep his head up so he can stretch out. But lets be clear about floating in 18 inches of water!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up