Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • Wanted something for a while. Finally managed to get one built. Rough year for building material costs so it is smaller than I wanted. But they all barely fit. Not pictured here is my Pit Barrel which lives at work and my Gonzey Dome Pizza Oven which is on order and won't be here until August/Sept.

• #2 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • Some more photos
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 May 2021
  • Do you plan to cook in there or do you just use it for storing your equipment?
  • #4 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • The Weber gasser is new. Picked it up for $200 on a Lowes scratch and dent. The blackstone has been in storage and needs to be cleaned and re seasoned. As do the two weber kettles. But hopefully now that they are not in the PNW weather I can use them and not have to worry about them getting gross from rain and such.

The lights are solar powered spot lights like you would hang up for a garage or something. Just put the solar panel outside and the lights inside. They are motion activated when I walk in and then are on 30 second timers.

Power for the shed comes from another shed behind it that has a 105 AH AGM battery with a 100W solar panel and inverter. Powers a light in that storage shed and will power the two pellet grills. Below is a photo of the second shed with solar panel. Waiting for the heavy gauge ext. cord to arrive before I run the power between to the two. Should be here today.

• #5 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • Do you plan to cook in there or do you just use it for storing your equipment?

I plan to cook in it. It is very rainy and windy and without it I just did not get to use all my toys enough.

I put up the tin to act as sort of a heat baffle. there is no insulation so there is an air gap between the tin and the siding. Also why I left the 1ft gap on the high side for air movement. I am hoping everything will go up and out. I did not put any draft holes in the bottom but if needed I might.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 24 May 2021
  • Wanted something for a while. Finally managed to get one built. Rough year for building material costs so it is smaller than I wanted. But they all barely fit. Not pictured here is my Pit Barrel which lives at work and my Gonzey Dome Pizza Oven which is on order and won't be here until August/Sept.

Looks good!
    Lots of chatter on the Gozney Dome oven on the PM forum.
    Look forward to seeing how you like it.
  • #7 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
    Looks good!

I've wanted a WF pizza oven for a long time. Almost got a Pizza Party then they pulled out of the states. Then looked at maximus and of course the Ooni's and such. But I wanted a nice one that didn't break the bank but didn't look like a toy. The Gonzey seemed to fit that bill. I did splurge for the gas and wood option. The blackstone is nice because of the turntable but I am looking forward to playing with the gonzey.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 24 May 2021
    Looks good!

I've wanted a WF pizza oven for a long time. Almost got a Pizza Party then they pulled out of the states. Then looked at maximus and of course the Ooni's and such. But I wanted a nice one that didn't break the bank but didn't look like a toy. The Gonzey seemed to fit that bill. I did splurge for the gas and wood option. The blackstone is nice because of the turntable but I am looking forward to playing with the gonzey.

That sucked when PizzaParty stopped shipping to the US.
    Good oven, had one at my last house.
    Had I known about the Maximus, I would have bought it (Looks like a PP clone). instead of spending all the $$$$ I did on the FGM 800B.

• #9 by Bentley on 24 May 2021
  • That really is a nice space!
  • #10 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • That really is a nice space!

Thanks Bent! It used to just be a 10x20 uncovered patio right off the sliding door. But when the rates were so low in early 2020 we refinanced and pulled out some money to have the backyard turned into concrete. We had a slab that's about 25x50 poured. Put the first shed on it last year and then just finished the second shed. Also put up a Costco gazebo with seating for 8 underneath. Really hoping to utilize the outdoor area this year. We bought the place in Dec of '17 and have never really been able to enjoy the outside.
  • #11 by SmokinHandyman on 24 May 2021
  • Very Nice!
  • #12 by GREG-B on 24 May 2021
  • "But hopefully now that they are not in the PNW weather I can use them and not have to worry about them getting gross from rain and such."

"I plan to cook in it. It is very rainy and windy and without it I just did not get to use all my toys enough."

You moved away from the PNW weather to something that sounds just as wet?  I have a cover over my BBQ pit for those rainy days and you talk about gross.  Ceiling is in dire need of a power washing come some warm weather.  Lots of gunk from DB and Kamado's.
  • #13 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • "But hopefully now that they are not in the PNW weather I can use them and not have to worry about them getting gross from rain and such."

"I plan to cook in it. It is very rainy and windy and without it I just did not get to use all my toys enough."

You moved away from the PNW weather to something that sounds just as wet?  I have a cover over my BBQ pit for those rainy days and you talk about gross.  Ceiling is in dire need of a power washing come some warm weather.  Lots of gunk from DB and Kamado's.

I'm still in Oregon. I just meant with the shed they are now "out of the weather" as it were. Well I hope the ceiling doesn't get too gross. Guess I didn't think too much about that. I was hoping with the opening that the air would keep moving.
  • #14 by SmokinHandyman on 24 May 2021
  • I curious to see how the smoke ventilates
  • #15 by Th3Batman86 on 24 May 2021
  • I curious to see how the smoke ventilates

Me too. Maybe have to put some small holes in the bottom for draft and or look at solar fan to move air.
Pages:
Actions