Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally Build a BBQ Shed  (Read 1155 times)

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Finally Build a BBQ Shed
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2021, 06:02:05 PM »

that really looks great.  I've been thinking of covering my pergola with

12 ft. Galvanized Steel Roof Panel

At $28 each I'd need about 5 of them.   Not bad for a roof.  Anyway, you might consider doing what you did to the walls to the ceiling. 

Also in PNW, so I feel your pain.

DK

2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »

That is dedication to the cause. Excellent grouping of cooking equipment now it all has a home.   An inspiration for sure.

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ] As you can see I have about 12" gap all around the bottom and slats to keep rain and snow out but allow nice cross breeze, but the front is wide open.  The amount of "gunk" that floats straight up and attaches to the ceiling is amazing.  I'm sure an exhaust fan would help a lot.

If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

Canadian John

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2021, 10:03:41 AM »

I have the same thing happening to the underside of my metal roof of Fort BBQ. I wait for a day that has a misty fog in the air, one that covers everything. The fine mist even covers the underside of the roof..

That is when I get out my microfiber floor mop/duster and swab down the the under side..  The super fine water droplets do an excellent job of penetrating the "roof seasoning" making the job so much easier.

A small price to pay for a cooking shelter.

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2021, 11:52:05 AM »

Well I bow to the wisdom of those who have been there before me. I will see about doing something to avoid this problem. Not sure how soon. There was a finite budget for this project that it already went over. Building materials jumped quite a bit between 2020 and 2021. We just found out our first child is on the way so all extra money is redirected that way. But I think that DK is right and some galvanized panels will be the quick and easy way.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 12:19:01 PM »

Well I bow to the wisdom of those who have been there before me. I will see about doing something to avoid this problem. Not sure how soon. There was a finite budget for this project that it already went over. Building materials jumped quite a bit between 2020 and 2021. We just found out our first child is on the way so all extra money is redirected that way. But I think that DK is right and some galvanized panels will be the quick and easy way.

Congrats future Papa !!!  :cool:

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Canadian John

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2021, 01:09:02 PM »

Another way of looking @ "gunk" is that bestows a nostalgic BBQ atmosphere to the place.  Think old BBQ joint (eating establishment).

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2021, 05:12:58 PM »

I second the Congratulations, nothing sweeter!

Th3Batman86

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »

Thanks guy. Just found out a little bit ago that it’s a baby girl!!
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2021, 07:18:55 PM »

Even better if you ask me, I so wanted to have a boy as the 1st.
We are blessed with both, Daughter then son.
My Father told me that there is NOTHING like the love between a Dad and Daughter and boy howdy he was so right.
Again, congratulations Daddy!

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 07:38:53 PM »

Congrats!!  Will she be BatBaby or BatGirl :pig:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »

Congrats on two nice additions!
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Th3Batman86

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 01:49:37 AM »

Congrats!!  Will she be BatBaby or BatGirl :pig:

I think a batgirl. Although when we first found out about the pregnancy I think it was about 6 weeks. And the internet said that at 6 weeks the baby was the size of a poppy seed. I thought that was just adorable so I took to calling the baby Poppy. And it has stuck. My wife already has a named picked out and I’m fine with that but I think for the rest of her life she will be daddy’s little poppy seed.

Chris__M

• Food Adventure
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2021, 05:17:16 AM »

When I got the new grill, which won't easily fit into my little one-grill shelter, my friends were asking me if I was going to cover the whole BBQ area.

I've decided not to, but while thinking about it, I came across this, which would have been pretty perfect for my purposes.

It is a metal pergola, except that the slats at the top can be opened and closed by a small winch mechanism in one of the pillars. When closed, it is rainproof (from above, of course, not the sides), and it has built-in drainage such that any water on it will be guided off it when opening, rather than just dropping through.

But instead of paying £1400 ($2000) for the pergola, I bought a £79 BBQ cover.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »

When I got the new grill, which won't easily fit into my little one-grill shelter, my friends were asking me if I was going to cover the whole BBQ area.

I've decided not to, but while thinking about it, I came across this, which would have been pretty perfect for my purposes.

It is a metal pergola, except that the slats at the top can be opened and closed by a small winch mechanism in one of the pillars. When closed, it is rainproof (from above, of course, not the sides), and it has built-in drainage such that any water on it will be guided off it when opening, rather than just dropping through.

But instead of paying £1400 ($2000) for the pergola, I bought a £79 BBQ cover.

I had similar in my last two housed to cover BBQ stuff.  Called a Louvered roof here.
Had a little solar panel with a battery and you used a remote control to open/close it.
Smoke from my pizza oven would build up on in (even opened) and all it took was some Windex and paper towels to remove it.
Loved it, but couldn't fit it in to the budget for this house.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up