Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by dk117 on 26 May 2021
  • Thanks guy. Just found out a little bit ago that it’s a baby girl!!
    kudos man!  My father had three sons.  I just knew I was going to have sons and carry on the family name.  Fate dealt me a different hand.  I have two daughters and couldn't imagine anything better. 
  • #32 by Th3Batman86 on 27 May 2021
  • When I got the new grill, which won't easily fit into my little one-grill shelter, my friends were asking me if I was going to cover the whole BBQ area.

I've decided not to, but while thinking about it, I came across this, which would have been pretty perfect for my purposes.

It is a metal pergola, except that the slats at the top can be opened and closed by a small winch mechanism in one of the pillars. When closed, it is rainproof (from above, of course, not the sides), and it has built-in drainage such that any water on it will be guided off it when opening, rather than just dropping through.

But instead of paying £1400 ($2000) for the pergola, I bought a £79 BBQ cover.

A problem with that type of design for me was wind. It is terribly windy all the time in my backyard. Not sure why. Even on non windy days I have wind channeling through my yard. I realize that isn't a huge deal with a pellet grill but it did mess with the pizza oven and the flat top. So I wanted something with sides.

I will tell you that you are all stressing me out about buildup on the roof now. Don't know why I didn't think of it. I really thought it would just go up and out. Apparently it just goes up and up.
  • #33 by Th3Batman86 on 27 May 2021
  • Thanks guy. Just found out a little bit ago that it’s a baby girl!!
    kudos man!  My father had three sons.  I just knew I was going to have sons and carry on the family name.  Fate dealt me a different hand.  I have two daughters and couldn't imagine anything better.

Well my wife wants to have two. So we will see what happens with the second one. I have two sisters and I believe all female cousins. If I don't produce a boy then I believe the family name ends.
  • #34 by GREG-B on 27 May 2021
  • " I will tell you that you are all stressing me out about buildup on the roof now. Don't know why I didn't think of it. I really thought it would just go up and out. Apparently it just goes up and up."

Don't get stressed about it, just build it, wash it out when the weather is warm.  It's all good. :cool:
  • #35 by Chris__M on 28 May 2021
  • I have a small lean-to open-front shelter on the rear of my garage, slightly bigger than the Traeger it sheltered. No ventilation, other than the gaps in the wood.

It's been there for something like 7 years. The inside of the roof looks *seasoned*, but nothing that detracts from the appearance of the shack.
  • #36 by reubenray on 28 May 2021
  • This looks very nice.  You may want to check into a wall mounted exhaust fan for your smoke.
Pages:
Actions