Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 2157 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Coffee
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2021, 08:54:21 AM »

Well I guess I am the weird one here. I roast green coffee beans mostly from South America until the "second cracking" to get the oils the way I like them. I seal them up for a day and then grind what I need for the day. I use a Bonavita drip coffee maker. It is pricey for a drip coffee maker but the carafe alone is worth it. It has a shower head for drip. No bells or whistles; just an on switch. This has caused a problem for me because I can't drink any other coffee when I travel.
Some people use the Aeropress when traveling to assure the cup meets their standard... 35MM film canisters do well at storing the coffee. There are new ones being sold online for that purpose. A good hand grinder would assure as best as you can get freshness. Most motels have a rudimentary coffee maker that would provide hot water.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 01:44:52 PM by Bentley »

ZCZ

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »

I know some ladies that would have done that.

I could never figure out what to put in it to make it taste as good as it smells as it brews.

I need to make my coffee really strong, in the good Norwegian way!  All this weak coffee being sold is not worth buying.

Swede here and I like it strong too!
“You can always tell a Swede . . . . but you can’t tell him much.”  Probably true for Norskie’s too.
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2022, 08:45:23 AM »

I see you are very much into coffee.  The Comandante is one heck of a grinder. One to cherish.

As far as ZCZ's post on Sweed's. I have worked with them. Strong coffee is an understatement. First it is brewed strong +, then a good dose of instant coffee added to the cup.

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2022, 10:01:28 AM »

Black coffee for me. Airport coffee in the middle of the night was the worst.
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2022, 08:35:59 AM »

Yeah, see through coffee is the worst, I prefer to cut mine!

I find coffee to be nasty stuff, but your post made me think of my grandpa. He was in WWII when they introduced rations, but they didn't give them much instruction. They gave them this little cake of coffee so they could make coffee and he used the whole thing. Turns out you were supposed to just scrap some off and it was supposed to last a week. He said it was just about thick enough you could chew it, but he wasn't about to waste it.
Mak 2 Star General #1799
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up