Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Son of Earle on 02 Oct 2017
  • That is a nice emblem on your Rec Tec.  I am also curious on how it has held up, and what it is made out of?  On my GMG I used a PATRIOTS magnet.  It held up pretty good at low, and slow temperatures.  I did shish kabobs at over 300 degrees, and the edges started to peel with the logo blistering. 
  • #17 by snj1013 on 02 Oct 2017
  • Thanks for all the compliments. Here are a couple of details on the process for those looking to customize their Rec Tec.

I used VHT Caliper Paint. I used Bright Blue and followed up with clear. Nothing too difficult about the application, but I did lightly sand the factory powder coat to ensure the VHT would adhere. Here is a link to VHT's site and the colors offered. http://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat/vht-caliper-paint

As far as the emblem, I found a small custom fab shop online and reached out the owner, Nathan. Nathan did a great job on the emblem. It is powder coated, stainless steel and is holding up great. I've had the grill up over 500 degrees and there is no problem with the VHT paint or the emblem. (Admin -- please no links that we have not approved; if you would like info on how to contact Nathan, please PM snj1013). I did place some of the high temp gasket that I used to seal the lid better to provide a bit of heat insulation for the emblem. I forget what temperature Nathan said the powder coat could withstand, but as I said, with the high temp gasket, the emblem is holding up just fine.

Let me know if there are other questions.

John
  • #18 by snj1013 on 04 Oct 2017
  • Normally I do not mess with peoples posts, but this needed its own thread...Paint job is better then my trucks!

Thanks!!! I think this picture was taken before I applied the Clear VHT paint also. Looks even better now!!!
Pages:
Actions