Here's How I.... > Cook Everything Else (Pizza, Appetizers, Desserts, etc)

Homemade Chicago Pizza

(1/3) > >>

BobKz:
We started this after I fell in love with Chicago pizza from a restaurant in IL (name escapes me). My wife researched a recipe and surprised me with it and now all other pizzas are just "meh"...

I took it one step further and started grilling it on the pellet grill. Texture, taste, crust... All gets better when cooked with wood even though it's not being smoked.

My wife makes the dough & sauce from scratch. I'll try to get the full recipe from her but I'll bet any dough & sauce will work. I do know the dough has cornmeal and flower. I'm not sure if that's all pizza doughs? Anyways..

She uses a spring pan (for baking cakes, etc). We learned the hard way this is almost required to get the pizza out of the pan after the bake. Works awesome.

She works the dough evenly across the bottom & sides a little ways. Then cheese, the homemade sauce, toppings (we did pepperoni & sausage, 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 no toppings), then parmesan.

I had the pellet grill heated up to 425 and put the pizzas on for 30min. About half way I raised the pizza to the first rack so the bottoms didn't get too done.

After 30min pull them off the grill, let them cool for 5-10, and serve 😊

Bar-B-Lew:
looks great, thanks for sharing

what grill did you use

BobKz:
Coyote 36" pellet grill. I love it.. gets to temp quick, even heat across the grates, fits a lot of food. Definitely recommend it. However this was an upgrade from a 24" Cabela's brand so yeah... It should be better lol

pmillen:
It's 2:30 in the morning (I'm sitting up with a sick dog), I'm hungry and read this.  Now, I want pizza—that pizza.

urnmor:
Great looking pizza

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View