Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 29 May 2021
  • At Costco, I saw the 700 series 24 inch with PID control, pellet drop auger, with open flame option and appeared very stout. Grates are cast with porcelain grates. $399 is hard to beat for entry into the pellet cooking arena.  It is $399 if you take it home, and $499 if delivered. Has anyone seen or used one of these?
  • #2 by Canadian John on 30 May 2021

•  Can't answer your question.. It's amazing what competition amongst pellet grill manufactures has generated.  What a change over pits manufactured just a few years ago... Igniters, controllers, direct flame

cooking, and so on.  Then there are all the manufacturers how to videos that cover just about every aspect of troubleshooting and repair.

A person entering pellet pit territory today has a much easier  time @ it than most of  older folks did.
  • #3 by okie smokie on 31 May 2021

•  Can't answer your question.. It's amazing what competition amongst pellet grill manufactures has generated.  What a change over pits manufactured just a few years ago... Igniters, controllers, direct flame

cooking, and so on.  Then there are all the manufacturers how to videos that cover just about every aspect of troubleshooting and repair.

A person entering pellet pit territory today has a much easier  time @ it than most of  older folks did.
    I agree. Especially when I remember what I paid for my first Traeger Lil Tex. Good pit but unfortunately, they have not become price competitive yet.  Recently, the transition to stainless has been very popular, and I suspect will spread throughout the industry in the future. Stainless gets dirty just as easily, but is easier to clean and does not rust (depending of course on the type of stainless). I agree that the "how to" videos on Youtube have made life easier for most of us pitsters.
    Stay tuned!
Pages:
Actions