Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Jun 2021
  • I have tried to tell you that America's Test Kitchen tested smash burgers and found the perfect size for that crust you want is 2 oz, but you won't believe me.
  • #47 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jun 2021
  • America's Test Kitchen tested smash burgers and found the perfect size for that crust you want is 2 oz.

I guess I will have to get out the scale and a measuring cup so that I can replicate the 2 oz patty consistently.  I have a stainless steel hand press being delivered today.  Looks like I need to get some more hamburger for the weekend.  After all, I have to use those free brioche buns that my brother gave me last weekend.
  • #48 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Jun 2021
  • Looks like the Lodge cast iron griddle is $25.50 or so with the coupon that you add on the items page if anyone else is interested in buying one.
  • #49 by Bentley on 22 Jun 2021
  • As noted it is small, and will not cook the whole meal at once, but it does a good job on each component.  I also learned that curing loin just like belly does not produce a bacon substitute.  So I will be sluffing that off to friends at my AA group tonight.

• #50 by BigDave83 on 22 Jun 2021
  • Canadian bacon to us, make up a few egg mcmuffins.

I think think to get bacon flavors it needs to have fat in it. I know the butts I do, the leaner pieces are not as bacony as the ones with the fat through them.
  • #51 by Bentley on 29 Jun 2021
  • Poor quality photos.  1st time I have had a tri-tip cheese steak.

• #52 by Bentley on 29 Jun 2021
  • It was very good.  I highly recommend tri-tip for cheese steak!
  • #53 by urnmor on 29 Jun 2021
  • looks very tasty
  • #54 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jun 2021
  • Looks like a mighty nice meal! 
    Does much of the cheese stick to the grill doing it that way ?
  • #55 by Brushpopper on 29 Jun 2021
  • I bet that was great!   :clap:
  • #56 by Bentley on 29 Jun 2021
  • No stick at all!
  • #57 by 02ebz06 on 29 Jun 2021
  • No stick at all!

Good to know.  Will have to give it a try next time I make cheese steaks.
    Thanks...
  • #58 by yorkdude on 29 Jun 2021
  • Man that looks superb.
  • #59 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jun 2021
  • Looks great.  I have some beef and some chicken slices from the local meat shop to make some more cheesesteaks this weekend too.  Just bought some Amoroso rolls and some provolone slices today.
Pages:
Actions