Accessories & Essentials > Equipment -- grill grates, grill mats, brushes, covers, tongs, etc.

Pellet dust cleaning vacuum contraption

(1/3) > >>

ScottE:
I finally got around to building a pellet dust cleaning vacuum contraption - I don't remember where I first saw this, it was probably 5-10 years ago. There are some videos on YouTube, but I seem to recall seeing this originally on a forum, maybe it was PH, I don't think it was here. Anyway, here's my build! It's all pretty self-explanatory (I think), so I'll just post the pictures and I can answer any questions that come up. It worked great! I got a number of small pellet chunks through the screen (shower drain), but I only rescued maybe a 1/2 dozen pellets from the 45 pounds I ran through it, and that is OK by me.

Now I've never worried about pellet dust before, but it's something I wanted to try out in my recent battles with my Camp Chef XT (see my Savannah Stoker thread there). I don't think the dust was an issue, but now that I have it, I will continue to use it as it is nice to get rid of that dust!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Canadian John:

I remember that.. There is a balance to be had between airflow and pellet volume. I just don't recall the detail. Something to do with the holes, size and or number.  Waiting to see how it works.

ylr:
I remember seeing the thread on PH, but no details. Do you have a problem with dust with LJ pellets?

02ebz06:
My belief is the longer you have them the more dust you will have.
The weight will cause some pellets to disintegrate. I'm finishing up LJ pellets I've had for 4-5 years and there is quite a bit of dust in these bags.
I don't filter it, it burns up.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on June 01, 2021, 05:31:31 PM ---My belief is the longer you have them the more dust you will have.
The weight will cause some pellets to disintegrate. I'm finishing up LJ pellets I've had for 4-5 years and there is quite a bit of dust in these bags.
I don't filter it, it burns up.

--- End quote ---

I find they work great in the Memphis and sometimes not so great in the MAK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View