Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by bregent on 03 Nov 2017
  • My problem with this source is that they don't seem to have 11 1/2" wide bags or rolls. I use the wider bags for brisket.

Does 1/2" make that much difference?

They have rolls in 8, 11, and 15 inch widths.

Their bags come in 6x10, 8x12, and 11x14 inches.
  • #17 by hughver on 03 Nov 2017

• Does 1/2" make that much difference?

Not a whole lot but it keeps me from having to cut the brisket flats in half. The sealing bar on my Vacmaster Pro140 is only 12" wide so 15" rolls are out of the question. When this unit gives up the ghost, I'm going to acquire a Vacmaster Pro380 that has a 16" bar.
  • #18 by pmillen on 28 Dec 2023
  • I went to the Vacuum Sealers Unlimited web site.  I started to place a small order.  It totaled $49 and the shipping was $16, that's 25% of the order total.  I didn't complete the order.

They say that their product is much better than the Food Saver items.  And I know that I can lower the prorated shipping if I order more bags and rolls, but I don't need a huge supply.

I thought that some of you may be interested.

• #19 by BigDave83 on 29 Dec 2023
  • I went to the Vacuum Sealers Unlimited web site.  I started to place a small order.  It totaled $49 and the shipping was $16, that's 25% of the order total.  I didn't complete the order.

They say that their product is much better than the Food Saver items.  And I know that I can lower the prorated shipping if I order more bags and rolls, but I don't need a huge supply.

I thought that some of you may be interested.

I have not ordered from them in a few years. When I bought the chamber sealer, vacmaster had a sale shortly after for I think 20% off if the order was over certain amounts. I picked up 4 different size pouches 1000 of each size. I have had to buy more 8x12 and soon need 10x13 so I may give them a try on those.

I used to buy all my bags and rolls from them when I used the foodsaver machine.

I tried the discount code from last month and it didn't work, she used to post a new one every month. it looks like it is 15% off the Ultra bags/rolls.

Maybe after the first of the year she will post one and I will keep an eye out and post it in here if she does.
  • #20 by WiPelletHead on 29 Dec 2023
  • Check Out of Air https://outofair.com/vacuum-sealer-bags?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA-bmsBhAGEiwAoaQNmht5WqejL4v-zuVQvuqb_0RQOab8GXxNGmwncTUVHQeLS3ZRe5OG8BoCGWgQAvD_BwE
    I've been using them years. Free shipping with a $50.00 order. I like the 100 foot rolls and make the size bags I like.
  • #21 by BigDave83 on 05 Jan 2024
  • She posted this in the thread on SMF.

Here is your discount code for January and February:

SAVE 15% OFF ALL ULTRA Bags & Rolls

for your FoodSaver, Weston, Cabela's or VacMaster Home Suction Sealers (or any sealer that uses textured bags/rolls)​

Just enter SMFEB24 at checkout and the discount will automatically be applied.

Our ULTRA bags are thicker and more puncture resistant than the brand name bags. I construct them the way I want them, so I use a thicker material.

edit to add link.

https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com/product-category/bags-rolls-canisters-for-foodsaver-weston-vacmaster/ultra-bags-rolls-for-foodsaver-vacmaster-weston-etc/
  • #22 by reubenray on 05 Jan 2024
  • This sounds like a good deal, but when trying it pops up that the coupon code does not exist.  Plus the S&H raises the cost.
  • #23 by WiPelletHead on 05 Jan 2024
  • This sounds like a good deal, but when trying it pops up that the coupon code does not exist.  Plus the S&H raises the cost.
    The shipping is pricey.  Check the Out of Air website. Shipping is much less or free on a 50.00 dollar or more order.
     https://outofair.com/25ft-vacuum-sealer-rolls?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA7t6sBhAiEiwAsaieYpHOx0G5wdM6DjnP0ZJqQ76wFI5iuJrm6hqGBeYxIweYL0vlGJY89BoCKdUQAvD_BwE
  • #24 by Bentley on 05 Jan 2024
  • I have never seen the 100 ft. in the box with cutter before.  I like that.  Just bought 2 8in x 50 and 2 11in x 50 about 6 months ago, but next time I need em, will get one of each of those.  Just about the same price as I paid for my 100 feet!
  • #25 by urnmor on 06 Jan 2024
  • Even though the addition of a cutter is a great improvement I personally am still a a fan of the bags.  Over the years i now have it down to where i can get what i need in each size bags with very little waste
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Jan 2024
  • I've been buying this brand for years and usually get pint, quart, and gallon size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJ0IU9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• #27 by BigDave83 on 06 Jan 2024
  • Even though the addition of a cutter is a great improvement I personally am still a a fan of the bags.  Over the years i now have it down to where i can get what i need in each size bags with very little waste

I agree, when I used the suction machines I bought premade bags, but had a few rolls for things like whole racks of ribs or if I wanted to do something like a whole butt for some reason.

Since buying a chamber sealer, bags/pouches are the only choice.
Pages:
Actions