Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Waffle860 on 29 Sep 2017
  • Hello, I am looking at getting an advantage and noticed the hopper is only 12lbs.  How does it do on long overnight cooks like Briskets?   Does it tunnel out like the Treagers can do or can you get a good 8hrs on a load of pellets at 225-250F?

Thanks
  • #2 by bregent on 29 Sep 2017
  • I get over 1 hr/lb at 225 on my Elite, and I think the Advantage is much more stingy with pellets. You should have no problem getting more than 8 hours.
  • #3 by Waffle860 on 29 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for the quick reply
  • #4 by Bentley on 29 Sep 2017
  • Here is the data from the 7/2011 Performance Test on Pelletheads.com

Pit at 200°; Ambient temperature 86°, calm, in the shade, 1Lb. of pellets/165 minutes.
    Pit at 300°: Ambient temperature 82°, calm, in the shade, 1Lb. of pellets/68 minutes.
    Pit at 400°: Ambient temperature 77°, calm, in the shade, 1Lb. of pellets/46 minutes.
  • #5 by Waffle860 on 30 Sep 2017
  • Thanks Bentley.  That is good data to have.
  • #6 by ZCZ on 02 Oct 2017
  • If I recall from the old pellet consumption data chart on PH the Advantage was one of the best (if not the best) for pellet consumption in smoke mode.
    Z
  • #7 by ZCZ on 02 Oct 2017
  • And I remember Bentley's smoke test video (or was it the temp control video) with Highway Song by Blackfoot playing in the background.
    Z
  • #8 by bregent on 02 Oct 2017
  • If I recall from the old pellet consumption data chart on PH the Advantage was one of the best (if not the best) for pellet consumption in smoke mode.
    Z

Bentley was that your chart? If not, is the original author of that chart still able to access it? I know it's an image posted from Photobucket that is no longer publicly available.   I have a snapshot of page 1 but I think it was 2 pages.
  • #9 by ZCZ on 02 Oct 2017
    Z

Bentley was that your chart? If not, is the original author of that chart still able to access it? I know it's an image posted from Photobucket that is no longer publicly available.   I have a snapshot of page 1 but I think it was 2 pages.

I think ITC1 ("Mr. 180" in dessert in the 2011 Royal) made that for Bentley. I can check if he still has it.
    Z
  • #10 by Bentley on 02 Oct 2017
  • I guess you could call it that.  Z is right, ITC1 set up that data we recorded in the Performance tests for us...This was the last one I had...

Bentley was that your chart?

• #11 by Quadman750 on 03 Oct 2017
  • Great comparison chart.
  • #12 by ZCZ on 03 Oct 2017
  • Bentley,
    I just received the file from ITC1 and it matches the one you just posted.
    I am sending his original file to you.
    Z
  • #13 by ZCZ on 03 Oct 2017
  • I was correct.  At the 200° smoke setting the Advantage and the Englander have the highest performance at 165 minutes total burn time with one pound of pellets.
    Z
Pages:
Actions