Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Grill Griddles  (Read 1136 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
New Grill Griddles
« on: June 06, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »

I mentioned in some other posts that I bought a new Weber Genesis II 435 stainless steel gas grill.  I then bought the Weber griddle that drops in where one of the 3 grill grates sits.  I also bought a Sizzle-Q SQ180 that can sit on top of the grill grates.  This morning, I broke in both griddles with there first cooks.  I had the grill on medium on all four burners for the entire cook and the surface thermometers that I had on the griddles were running about 400 degrees.  Here are some pics of the bacon that I made, some onions and buffalo chicken for cheesesteaks, and some potato crowns from Ore Ida - similar to tater tots at Burger King and Dunkin Donuts.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: New Grill Griddles
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:02:52 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 04:04:02 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 04:07:21 PM »

I poured some water on the griddles after the cook but while still on the grill to scrape up some of the loose particles.  After letting them cool with grill turned off and lid open, I cleaned them in my deep sink in my garage with soap and hot water.  Cleaning was not as bad as I expected and having the space in the garage for the big sink certainly made the job a lot easier.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »

I wonder why the Little Griddle says not to use on an indoor stove?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 04:24:03 PM »

I wonder why the Little Griddle says not to use on an indoor stove?

I am guessing maybe a concern that without it being covered they are concerned that the heat won't distribute evenly.

It worked fine on the grill.  I am glad that it fit along with the Weber griddle to give me plenty of space to cook if ever needed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:55:11 PM by Bar-B-Lew »

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 07:38:51 PM »

Looks good! Brings back memories! I still have an old "Sizzle Q" I used to use quite a bit now its semi retired since I purchased the blackstone.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 09:58:30 PM »

VERY NICE

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 07:41:44 PM »

looks great

>I cleaned them in my deep sink in my garage with soap and hot water.

If you haven't already, check out the cleaning videos on youtube. Takes just a few minutes to clean the griddle right on the grill.

https://youtu.be/7fXbyNAPeIc

Also, a good video on getting the most heat:  https://youtu.be/9HfnggBZSpE

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 07:56:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  I did due some of what they recommended for cleaning.  I didn't have all of my tools (i.e. scraper) handy at the time.  That was good to watch for next time I use it.

The heating one was interesting too.  I did keep the lid down and had no issue with temps of the griddle.  They did drop a little when I was lifting the lid too frequently.  I resolved that in the short term by turning the grill up a little hotter.

Glad to see I had some of the ideas in use on my first try.  Now I have some tricks to use for the next cook.

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 03:53:15 AM »

That big sink is amazing! I am very jealous!

New to griddle cooking, I just ordered a small set of tools which I didn't already have for grate cooking, but was seeing on almost every YouTube video - spatula(s), scraper, etc. I hope to start experimenting with mine in a couple of weekends.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 07:51:36 AM »

That big sink is amazing! I am very jealous!

It is in the spare garage where I have two stainless steel tables to prep food on, a bunch of four shelf standup wire racks, a few racks mounted over top of the tables, and some pallets to store my pellets on top of.  When we first moved here, I used to bring my pellet grills inside for the winter. I quit doing that.

Lots of room to prep food and store supplies and run my two dehydrators when we make large amounts of jerky.  That sink may be the highlight of the garage with both hot and cold water.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 08:25:50 AM »

I left my little blackstone at a friends house for a few months. Took it to cook on when we were putting up drywall. after a few months it had a lot of crud on it. I bought one of those pad like in the one griddle cleaning video, from dollar tree I think. We were there and I saw them and picked one up for some reason. Heated up well water and scrub cleaned it up well. It had a lot of dust on it so I had to do it a few times. If you have sensitive skin where a glove with a long cuff because that steam is really hot coming off the griddle.

Taking the flavorizer bars out will make a big difference. I noticed that on my one grill, the temps on the lid thermometer were very slow coming up. It didn't cook bad but the way the bars are on this grill really deflects heat downward the grease in the the drip pan was burnt to a char.

Cleaning of my blackstone is usually a quick scrape after I am done cooking, usually have the heat off at this point, sometimes I will wipe up with a good paper towel if there is a lo of left over oils or something. It is a 90 second process, if I cook something that has sugars or makes a mess I will hit it with some water and scrape. I took a dremel and ground a radius to kind of match the BS radius o make cleaning the edges and corners out a little easier.

That bacon looked pretty good, like it came from a butcher shop instead of the store.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up