Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jun 2021
  • I think I will be cooking more bacon now.  I can see cooking 1-2# on the weekend and then eating it throughout the week on BLT or club sandwiches in the Summer with some good tomatoes.
  • #17 by 02ebz06 on 08 Jun 2021
  • I need to cook more as well.
    A while back I made an online order from a local Food Service Warehouse (Shamrock) and bacon was only $2.40/lb so I couldn't pass up ordering a 10#box.
    I mistakenly ordered two 10# boxes of bacon instead of one.   ???
    Was able to sell 4lbs to a friend but still left a lot.
    Think I still have 12lbs left.
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jun 2021
  • I just bought another # of bacon at the grocery store at lunch time.  I may fry some up this week and vac seal (or eat).  I did get some tomatoes and some smoked ham slices so there will be club sandwiches this week.
  • #19 by Bentley on 08 Jun 2021
  • I would have bought 50 pounds at $2.40/lb.  I am happy when I can get bellies at Costco for $2.99/lb.  Would be great not to go through all the hassle of curing and cutting for that price!
  • #20 by ScottE on 09 Jun 2021
  • There's no such thing as having too much bacon. However it is possible to not have enough bacon. :-)
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2021

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #23 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2021

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #24 by 02ebz06 on 13 Jun 2021
  • Wow, you sure gave the new griddle a workout!
    Is there enough capacity in the grease reservoir to handy all that you cooked?
  • #25 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2021
  • Yes, the trough was fine.  There wasn't much that ran into it.  There is a hole in the trough too so it drips into the grill and onto the flavorizer bars and into the aluminum pan below.

Here is my manual burger press.  They were a little thicker than I thought but still moist throughout.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jun 2021
  • Cleaned up in about 5+ minutes with soap and hot water in the big sink.  I need to get a high heat silicone scraper to do a better job of cleaning while on the grill.  I don't want to use a metal one on this Weber porcelain coated griddle.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #27 by 02ebz06 on 13 Jun 2021
  • Cleaned up nicely.
    I see the drain hole in the last pic now.
  • #28 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • I'm really happy with the Weber griddle so far.  I made a pack of bacon, 8 hot italian sausage patties, and cheesesteaks on the griddle this morning.  I had six large chicken breasts and a pack of pepper jack johnsonville sausages cooking on the two grill grates to the left of the griddle.  Great to have multi purpose grill.

I am going to see if that griddle fits in the Memphis Elite as the grates look really close to the same size.
Pages:
Actions