Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your state doing?  (Read 1262 times)

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
What is your state doing?
« on: June 10, 2021, 05:12:57 PM »

Tomorrow Illinois will open all bars and restaurants to 100% capacity. Masks are not required for those fully vaccinated.
I have been vaccinated since mid March.
Back to normal maybe?
 :clap:
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
Re: What is your state doing?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:16:12 PM »

Have you had the shot?
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:11:50 PM »

Virginia went fully open, no masks, everything operational on May 15.  I heard on the news that tonight is the first 100% occupation for the National baseball game.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »

Have you had the shot?
No and no intention of getting one.
To each their own and with that I am fine.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 06:37:35 PM »

New Mexico is at 57% vaccinated age 16 and up.
When we reach 60% state will be fully open.
Masks are not required per the State if fully vaccinated, but but businesses can set their own rules.
Wife and I have been fully vaccinated for over a month now.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »

My sister-in-law is of the same opinion. Could you please share with us your underlying reason for not getting a shot? Politics, religion, fear, health, etc.?
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

SmokinHandyman

• Springfield, Illinois
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »

The shot is free.
Everyone should get it.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »

The governor got his powers hit today as it was voted to end the  disaster emergency declaration. It is about time. I believe everything is open and masking goes away completely June 28 or if and when 70% get the shot.

The GF got her shots a while back she works for the hospital and they kind of said hey come here a minute and roll up your sleeve.

I have not gotten mine and at this time don't plan on it. For e there is not enough known about it to convince me. Will it need done every year, it shouldn't it is called a vaccine not a shot. They preach flu shots every year yet they give you the shot for last years flu which more than likely won't be this years flu. Last I heard it was not approved yet so it is still experimental, this is why it is free. According to Fauci a while back, unless he changed his mind that even with the vaccine you should plan on wearing masks and keeping away from people for the most of the rest of 2021. My understanding is it doesn't keep you from getting covid, it doesn't keep you from spreading it, at best it may make the symptoms easier to deal with, or it could kill you. I have enough health issues with out having the need for someone to shoot me up with something that they are not sure what the side effects are long term.

I rarely wore a mask when we did go out, unless it was absolutely necessary to go in someplace I wanted to go. Now it seems to be if you had the vaccine you don't need to wear a mask to go places. But they are  not allowed to ask me if I had one so what is the point.

I know people that searched and searched and drove an hour to get it, I also know just as many that are in the same camp as I am. I am not saying I will never get it, just I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 11:24:17 PM »

Call me a sheep.  I got mine as early as I could.  For once, being obese was on my side IMO.  I wanted to get back to life as it was in 2019 as early as I could.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 05:17:09 AM »

I rarely wore a mask when we did go out, unless it was absolutely necessary to go in someplace I wanted to go. Now it seems to be if you had the vaccine you don't need to wear a mask to go places. But they are  not allowed to ask me if I had one so what is the point.
You do realise the mask is not for your own protection, but to help prevent you giving it to others, should you become infected?

If you are not getting vaccinated, I guess that is up to you, but then not wearing a mask simply because others are not allowed to ask you of your status? That's not being fair to others.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 05:39:46 AM »

The current situation in England (we have different rules to Scotland and Wales, as health is a devolved issue, regulated by the individual countries).

• Meeting friends and family: Gatherings of up to 30 people outside are allowed. Indoor gatherings are restricted to 6 people or 2 households.
  • Meeting friends and family: No longer mention the 2m rule, but simply advise people to be cautious and sensible.
  • Certain indoor entertainment places, such as cinemas, theatres, museums, kids play areas are now open, with suitable COVID measures and limited numbers.
  • Indoor and outdoor events (sports, concerts, business conferences...) are the same - reduced numbers, increased spacing, being sensible.
  • Pubs and cafes have been open, but with outdoor seating only - you could go inside to order and get  your drink/meal. But they can now open the indoor seating, again with increased spacing.
  • Holiday accommodation is open again, including hotels and rentals. Each accommodation limited to maximum of 6 people over 2 housholds
  • Masks should still be worn inside, unless eating or drinking.

On June 21, it has been expected that a new set of regulations will come into effect, removing all limits on how many people can meet and be together. It was expected that a degree of social distancing would still be used (i.e. table spacings) and mask wearing indoors would still be encouraged, but perhaps not enforced.

But it is currently being discussed whether to postpone that date, due to the Delta variant changing things somewhat. Deaths here remain low, but the infection rate is up 14%, so caution is being advised. However, even if the lockdown easing is delayed, it isn't expected that we will be going backwards. All of the above will still apply, so it won't be terrible.

I visited a friend last weekend, and had a BBQ outdoors with 4 other people, and it was delightful. A friend is popping over for tea and cake tomorrow afternoon, and I am looking forward to it.

I am fully vaccinated (62, obese, T2 diabetes), as are many of my friends. There is some quite loud anti-vax sentiment here, but no-one I know personally.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 05:41:48 AM by Chris__M »
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 07:29:59 AM »

I am always curious as to why people care who has a shot.  I got one because I wanted to protect myself. 

Since I was 30, I have traveled to many countries which have required various vaccines for yellow fever, typhus, typhoid, tetanus,, cholera, polio boosters, malaria medicines, etc and willingly did it because I did not want to get any of those things and it was required.  But that is me.  I accept others might never wish to get those shots and travel where I traveled.

I feel the same about the Covid shot.  I am protected.  Guess it is self centered, but now that the shot is easily accessible and available to all in the US, that is all I care about.  If others don't wish to have it, I don't care.

Chokma

• Using less gas.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 08:45:11 AM »

I am always curious as to why people care who has a shot.  I got one because I wanted to protect myself. 

Since I was 30, I have traveled to many countries which have required various vaccines for yellow fever, typhus, typhoid, tetanus,, cholera, polio boosters, malaria medicines, etc and willingly did it because I did not want to get any of those things and it was required.  But that is me.  I accept others might never wish to get those shots and travel where I traveled.

I feel the same about the Covid shot.  I am protected.  Guess it is self centered, but now that the shot is easily accessible and available to all in the US, that is all I care about.  If others don't wish to have it, I don't care.

I also chose to be vaccinated - more for community concern than personal fear of infection.  If anyone has the time, Google Mary Mallon...it makes for an interesting read.

urnmor

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 11:39:33 AM »

My wife and I and our children and their spouses all had our shots.  I equate having the shots similar to the shots for chickenpox, measles etc.  they are preventive.  I also understand however do not agree with those who do not want the shots.  IMO it puts others at risk especially young children, teenagers athose wh cannot have the shot do to medical reasons.  Our granddaughter is one who cannot have the shot.  So I ask those who do not want the shots not to be proud but to respect others and wear your mask.  The life you may be a childs

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »

I also have not had the shot, nor intend to be vaccinated.  My reason is the same for not getting a flu shot each year.  I don't get the flu.  If I get SARS-COV-2, I will gets sick and get over it, just like I do the flu.  Now, others may not believe that this will happen to me, but I do.  A reason why...well, the rest of my comments would probably be unproductive.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up