Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by urnmor on 15 Jun 2021
  • Sorry I opened up this can of worms by starting this thread.

I agree with the others that there is no need to be sorry, however, I also agree with you that it is now time to move forward and focus on our BBQing and cooking
  • #32 by GatorDave on 15 Jun 2021
  • Florida never really shut down except for the first 2 weeks to "flatten the curve".  Since then everything has pretty much been open with masks and social distancing.
  • #33 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • No one makes anyone come into or comment on any thread.  If someone does not like a thread, stay out of it.  Having said that...

I have enjoyed the thread very much.  Any member that starts a thread has the ability to delete the whole thread.  I think the option is in their initial post, will be on the right and says "remove".

Sorry I opened up this can of worms by starting this thread.
  • #34 by JoeGrilling on 15 Jun 2021
  • Florida never really shut down except for the first 2 weeks to "flatten the curve".  Since then everything has pretty much been open with masks and social distancing.
    California is allowing us to climb out of our foxholes today.  Our friends in Florida were dining out while we eating at home during this past year.  My family is going to Maui in two weeks.  Oh boy! A whole new set of restrictions. 
  • #35 by 02ebz06 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I'm beginning to think that some businesses are taking the pandemic as an opportunity to raise their prices and blame it on Covid.
    No proof of that, just my belief.
  • #36 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • I'm beginning to think that some businesses are taking the pandemic as an opportunity to raise their prices and blame it on Covid.

Some things have happened to drive increases - wage increases of labor to get people to work, transportation industry costs to move good have skyrocketed due to lack of containers as there are a bunch that are filled with medical supplies that have not been used, backup in many supply chains due to covid restrictions on factories reducing their actual capacity and throughput, companies working OT to attempt to catch up with demand because they can't find help to fill open positions, etc.  It is a real mess out there that may take 18 months to straighten out (my opinion).  The after affects of the impact on global trade and economics may take longer to get back to normal than the quarantine period(s).
  • #37 by GatorDave on 16 Jun 2021

What I find interesting is that California was no better off than Florida after making you guys completely shut down for so long.  I definitely feel you pain out there.
  • #38 by JoeGrilling on 17 Jun 2021
  • Old habits are hard to break.  Tuesday was California reopening day and I had several errands to run.  I went to my local Costco and there was a sign out front saying masks were not required if fully vaccinated.  Everyone in the store including employees were wearing a mask.  I then went to my local Rei Coop and it was the same deal with the sign out front and everyone was wearing a mask.  My last stop was a locally owned hardware store and nobody had masks on in there.  Going back to maskless is going to be a slow process. 
  • #39 by 02ebz06 on 17 Jun 2021
  • Wife and I are fully vaccinated and we still were them out of respect for others.
  • #40 by dk117 on 17 Jun 2021
  • Wife and I are fully vaccinated and we still were them out of respect for others.
    with respect ... why?  I'm in same boat as you.  I wore a mask for 12 months.  I'm team Pfizer a while back.  If we're following the science then we don't wear masks out of respect for others.   I will absolutely wear a mask if a business I respect asks for it, but to do so arbitrarily goes against the science. 

Then again this might be the new norm which is maybe your point.  Folks wearing masks seasonally or full time in public.  I hope not, but it's possible. 
  • #41 by Bentley on 17 Jun 2021
  • I could careless if folks want to wear mask in public, sleep with them on if it makes you comfortable.  Just do not ask me to do it!

Then again this might be the new norm which is maybe your point.  Folks wearing masks seasonally or full time in public.  I hope not, but it's possible.
  • #42 by 02ebz06 on 17 Jun 2021
    with respect ... why?  I'm in same boat as you.  I wore a mask for 12 months.  I'm team Pfizer a while back.  If we're following the science then we don't wear masks out of respect for others.   I will absolutely wear a mask if a business I respect asks for it, but to do so arbitrarily goes against the science. 

When you walk in to a place and nobody is wearing a mask, you don't know who is vaccinated and who is not.
    By wearing masks, at least people know we are concerned for their safety.
    That is the main purpose of the mask is to protect others from you.

Our grocery store has sign out front saying masks required.
    Many don't wear them, mostly the far younger people than us.
  • #43 by yorkdude on 17 Jun 2021
  • So again, following the science, if you are vaccinated why do you or anyone care if I am maskless?
    Are you protected or not?
    I have adopted a very different stance, I will never wear a mask again in public, never.
    If they are doing open heart surgery on me, give me one, otherwise never.
    If they request masks……nope, shopping anyway.
    If they demand them…….nope, leaving the store.
    Not typically into conspiracies but this is starting to make me wonder quite honestly.
    I dont get within 6’ of a stranger most places anyway, even before this, think about it, 6’ isn’t very far.
    Over and out.
  • #44 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Jun 2021
  • I guess I look at it differently.  By wearing a mask, you signal to me you aren't vaccinated.  But then again, I don't care if you are or aren't vaccinated because I am and the science tells me I am protected. 
  • #45 by yorkdude on 17 Jun 2021
  • I guess I look at it differently.  By wearing a mask, you signal to me you aren't vaccinated.  But then again, I don't care if you are or aren't vaccinated because I am and the science tells me I am protected.
    Part true here at least.
    Personally speaking I am not vaccinated and I have always avoided as best that I can masking.
    My intent is not to signal my vaccinated status, rather a choice I have made.
    If someone is afraid of an unmasked person and vaccinated, I feel compelled to ask why? Do you believe you are immune or don’t you? I am not worried about someone’s feelings while shopping, I am their on a mission. I am not their to make anyone feel safe……sorry.
Pages:
Actions