Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 12 Jun 2021
  • We have one of the round choppers that got cracked, so I was looking for a now one and found this one.
    It has two different size blades (if you call them that).
    One for dicing, and one for mincing.

Since we were making Salsa and Guacamole for poker game tonight, got to give it a try.
    Used both blades, the larger for tomatoes (Roma with seeds removed) and Onions.
    Onion and Tomatoes were cut in half.
    Used the smaller blade for 1/2 of a Jalapeno.

Onion and Tomato were a breeze and cut all the way through.
    Was skeptical about doing tomatoes, but worked great.
    Jalapeno was hardest due to the thicker skin, and smaller holes in the blade.
    Had to give it a good whack, but it went through and came out nice.

One mistake I made was cutting the Onion and Tomato in half.
    Made the pieces going through the blade too long, if that makes sense.
    Next time will cut in thirds.

Seems sturdy enough, but how well it holds up, only time will tell.

Didn't think to write this up until "after" the Guacamole and Salsa were made, so no pics of the chopped items.
    Did include pic of the finished products.

• #2 by Bentley on 12 Jun 2021
  • In applications like you are doing, they must be quite efficient and time saving!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 12 Jun 2021
  • Definitely.  One push (or hard hit) and it is done.
    Sure beats trying to dice a with a knife.
  • #4 by Bentley on 12 Jun 2021
  • Just 2 blades?  Which can be used individually or together to make a finer dice?
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Jun 2021
  • My wife has something similar to that which she uses on the rare occasion that she cooks and needs it. ;)

• #6 by 02ebz06 on 13 Jun 2021
  • Just 2 blades?  Which can be used individually or together to make a finer dice?

As for chopping, just the 2 blades.  Larger has 1/2" square holes and smaller has 1/4" square holes.
    Can only use individually.
    Forgot to mention it does come with a couple other attachments and 2 cleaning brushes.
    The other two attachment are for julianne and spiral cutting.

This video shows using all the pieces being used  -->  https://fullstar.org/pages/onion-chopper_vid
Pages:
Actions