Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bten on 29 Sep 2017
  • Hi there! 

I am new to Pellet Fan.  Was a lurker on the other site for quite a while.  Looking forward to a new way of cooking.

I just purchased a Camp Chef SmokePro SE.  I have done the burn in, and played around a bit.  I intend to try a brisket this weekend.  So far I have been impressed with the construction of the SmokePro.  It seems to be well built and strong.  The controller varies a lot in slow smoke and hi smoke, but I think this is because the unit is trying to produce smoke. 

I will update as I get used to the unit

I am monitoring it with a Maverick 732.
  • #2 by Glert on 29 Sep 2017
  • Good luck with it, I'm picking up a DLX in the next couple weeks.  Everything I read about Camp Chef seems positive!
    • Glert
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 30 Sep 2017
  • Welcome to the forum, good luck with your brisket.
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Sep 2017
  • Hope your cook goes well.
  • #5 by triplebq on 30 Sep 2017
  • Good luck and welcome
  • #6 by Canadian John on 30 Sep 2017
  • Welcome and good luck with your new pit..It all takes time..Do the easy things first, take notes and don't despair.
  • #7 by Polekitty on 30 Sep 2017
  • Good luck on your brisket bten. That's big chunk of meat to start out with.
  • #8 by Glassth on 30 Sep 2017
  • Bought mine in April love it!! The food that comes off of it is as good as the more expensive ones! Happy Smoking  :bbq: :beer:
  • #9 by bten on 02 Oct 2017
  • The brisket really came out very good!
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 03 Oct 2017
  • Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing a photo and your cook!
  • #11 by bten on 05 Oct 2017
  • While this was my first time cooking on a pellet grill, I have been grilling for over 40 years.  I was glad to see that some of my techniques transferred well to a pellet grill.

I have to admit that I probably peeked at what was going on more than I needed to, old habits die hard.
  • #12 by Quadman750 on 06 Oct 2017

• I have to admit that I probably peeked at what was going on more than I needed to, old habits die hard.

We all know we are not supposed to look but it's just so darn hard not to, I sneak a peak all the time as well.
  • #13 by Saddleman on 04 Jan 2018
  • That is a good looking brisket, way to get right in the mix. I bought my CC DLX because my gas grill went belly up. Would not go back. Just a note if you are looking it’s not cooking. Dan
Pages:
Actions