Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 14 Jun 2021
  • I bought a bunch of trays from Amazon a while ago, and went to use them today.
    Turns out they were too tall, and about 2" to short.

I've been using regular 9x13 cake pans, put backing soda in them, then scrape it out into trash can, and put baking soda back in.
    Gotten lazy and want to just throw the tray away, but don't want to pay a buck or more a try.

So for Memphis owners (Bentley and Bar-B-Lew at least), where do you get your trays ?

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jun 2021
  • Walmart cake pans.  they are perfect fit.  i bought everyone they had on the shelf several years ago.  lmk if you need a photo of them with UPC# and size info
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 14 Jun 2021
  • Thanks, I'll check them out.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jun 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by TravlinMan on 15 Jun 2021
  • I picked up mine - for the Pro at a Dollar General.  Good to know Wally World carries them also.

Thank You.. :bbq:
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I'll take a tape measure with me when I go.

I looked at the ones Memphis sells and googled the name.
    But all I found was the Distributor, and I'm not interested in buying a case of 100 or 500.

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • I probably have about 20 trays on a rack in the garage.  I usually only swap them out once a year which I need to do one of these weekends.

It was weird helping my friend BBQ this past weekend at his house.  He has no equipment or supplies other than the smoker he borrowed.  I had to rack my brain figuring out what I needed to take with me to his house.  I have plenty of everything in my garage so I never think about what I need in advance of a cook.  I always assume I have everything on a rack in the garage as I replenish all items when low on inventory on the shelf.  Or replace damaged items right away.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I probably have about 20 trays on a rack in the garage.  I usually only swap them out once a year which I need to do one of these weekends.

It was weird helping my friend BBQ this past weekend at his house.  He has no equipment or supplies other than the smoker he borrowed.  I had to rack my brain figuring out what I needed to take with me to his house.  I have plenty of everything in my garage so I never think about what I need in advance of a cook.  I always assume I have everything on a rack in the garage as I replenish all items when low on inventory on the shelf.  Or replace damaged items right away.

You sound like me, I have backups for my backups.
  • #9 by Canadian John on 15 Jun 2021

•  I CAREFULLY scrape my pans out with a plastic paint scraper with the bottom to side 90ยบ joint slightly rounded off so as to not punch thru the aluminum tray. Doing this on a solid supportive surface is a must

so the scraper has less of a chance of punching thru...

I did use ferrous metal baking pans as a forever pan at one point.  The problem was, they were marginally smaller than the 9 X 13 aluminum pans - just enough to not do a good job.

Not much of a price here.
Pages:
Actions