Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jun 2021
  • Bentley, Chris' post on the English sandwich and places to buy them seems like something that would be a good post in the Sandwich thread.  I don't know how to copy something into another thread from the original poster so I will let you decide if you agree with me and then have you do the copy or move to that thread.
  • #32 by Bentley on 17 Jun 2021
  • Have never considered a burger a sandwich, yet I bet if you had asked my uncles they would have said yes.  They would have seen nothing wrong with having a burger between 2 pieces of white bread, not for me.  Funny you would mention a Hoagie, I guess I do consider it a sandwich, but certainly not like a grilled cheese or tuna on toasted sourdough.  And i guess a cheese steak is a sandwich, but it and something like an Italian Beef, I guess I have always put in a separate category!
  • #33 by Bentley on 17 Jun 2021
  • It really can't be done without taking it from this thread.  I could split it, and move to the sandwich thread, but that would screw it up here.  I could quote it and put it in the sandwich thread, but then it would show up under my name and as a quote.  Or we can ask Chris to copy his post and also post it in the sandwich thread.

Bentley, Chris' post on the English sandwich and places to buy them seems like something that would be a good post in the Sandwich thread.  I don't know how to copy something into another thread from the original poster so I will let you decide if you agree with me and then have you do the copy or move to that thread.
  • #34 by Chris__M on 17 Jun 2021
  • It really can't be done without taking it from this thread.  I could split it, and move to the sandwich thread, but that would screw it up here.  I could quote it and put it in the sandwich thread, but then it would show up under my name and as a quote.  Or we can ask Chris to copy his post and also post it in the sandwich thread.

Bentley, Chris' post on the English sandwich and places to buy them seems like something that would be a good post in the Sandwich thread.  I don't know how to copy something into another thread from the original poster so I will let you decide if you agree with me and then have you do the copy or move to that thread.

Not a problem. That was largely written off the cuff. Sometime tomorrow, I'll take it and edit it a bit, then post to the sandwich thread.
  • #35 by urnmor on 17 Jun 2021
  • As William Shakespeare said “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet”. IMO the same can be said for a sandwich
Pages:
Actions