Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I was lucky enough to find some wings, the last few times at the store I didn't see any fresh ones.

I cut them up put some sriracha on them and some seasonings. Into the DC at 160 then when the fries were getting started bumped temps to 400.

I tried to use a fry cutter I bought years ago, that didn't work so well so I just hand cut them, soaked or a while with some salt and changed water once or twice. Then ran them through the salad spinner to dry. Into 320ish oil for a few minutes then laid out on a pan to cool while I finished the other 2 batches. Then upped oil temp to 375 to finish them.

She was happy and had enough for lunch today.
  • #2 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • She got wings and fries!  Do you soak the cut fries in water before cooking?  Do you double fry by any chance?
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • did you fry the wings after smoking
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 15 Jun 2021
  • She got wings and fries!  Do you soak the cut fries in water before cooking?  Do you double fry by any chance?

Yes soaked for probably 90 minutes in salt water, changed water once. Fried at 320 to 330ish then allowed to cool some then finished at 375. My temp got a little high on the first fry on the second batch. There were good after first fry, cooked through just not crispy. Even the second fry they didn't get as crisp as I hoped although when I dumped them on the tray they rattled.

First time doing fries in a very long time.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 15 Jun 2021
  • did you fry the wings after smoking

No, I want to try that some time. Probably would not season before smoking, or maybe I would.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 16 Jun 2021

•  Nice work Dave! 
Pages:
Actions