Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 19 Jun 2021
  • Been a long time, it was so good, cook to 139° IT.  Just about perfect medium rare in the center.   The local Giant affiliate Martin's had it for $7.99/lb USDA Choice!   Ridiculous price...But Very delicious meal.

Cooked on Memphis Pro, 650° for 8 minutes, then flipped, turned to 400°.  Was a total of 22 minutes on grill.  Rested for about 7 minutes.  I think about a 1.5 lb. but that is a guess, I did not look.

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Jun 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Carrots were from the garden.  It was perfectly cooked!!!!
  • #3 by ofelles on 19 Jun 2021
  • Looking great!  love the tri tip
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Jun 2021
  • Looks great.  I noticed that Weis had tri-tip in their ad this week for $4.99/# I think it was.  Not sure if the Weis near Mayberry had it or not.  I didn't check my local store even though the ad was for the local area.
  • #5 by Bentley on 19 Jun 2021
  • You got me so riled up I immediately went to their website to see...No Tri-tip at our at any price according to weekly adds!
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Jun 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by Bentley on 19 Jun 2021
  • With your help I found it under the 3 day sale.  Whish I had seen this 90 minutes ago.  Will go tomorrow morning, will probably be sold out, but not a lot of folks know what tritip is in these parts.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Jun 2021
  • With your help I found it under the 3 day sale.  Whish I had seen this 90 minutes ago.  Will go tomorrow morning, will probably be sold out, but not a lot of folks know what tritip is in these parts.

I think I may head there early tomorrow morning too.  I should have gone today but by the time I got outside running some other errands it was very hot and humid with heat index in the mid 90s so I came home.
  • #9 by reubenray on 20 Jun 2021
  • The Sam's Club in NW Arkansas had presesoned Tri-tip where I could not find it in the South Alabama Sam's Club or Costco stores.  Has anyone tried this?  I did not notice the cost.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 20 Jun 2021
  • That is great looking.
    I very rarely see those here.
  • #11 by BigDave83 on 20 Jun 2021
  • I would eat either of those. I don't believe I have ever had it. I have seen it at Sam's but I think it was flavored or something. Not natural.
  • #12 by Canadian John on 20 Jun 2021

•  I would say you are @ the top of your game with this one Bent..
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • The Sam's Club in NW Arkansas had presesoned Tri-tip where I could not find it in the South Alabama Sam's Club or Costco stores.  Has anyone tried this?  I did not notice the cost.

I've probably made about 10 of them over the years as that was the only type of tri-tip I could find.  I like it.
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 20 Jun 2021
  • Looks great Bentley!!!
    Tri-Tips are not easy to find hear.

EDIT: After posting this I checked the local Smith's (Kroger) sales flyer (was actually looking for blueberries) and found Tri-Tip on sale this week for $6.67/lb.
    Guess I can find them...
  • #15 by Bentley on 20 Jun 2021
  • Got 5 of them this morning.  A far cry from what I would consider Tri-tip.  Pre-marinaded, which is not an issue, but i prefer a plain one I can season.  So small, the biggest one is almost 2lbs.  And they are not Triangular like what a tri-tip should be.  I will try and post a picture later.  With beef prices at the levels they are, happy to have any beef under $5. 
Pages:
Actions