Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • yeah, i was shaking my head thinking of you cursing me when i saw what they were this morning.  i did buy one of each flavor they had.  i made too many other things this morning so they are in the fridge for a cook on another day.

I may smoke them and then try out the searing station on the gasser at the end of the cook.
  • #17 by Bentley on 20 Jun 2021
  • JaJaJa...If they taste like the one last night I will be very pleased.
  • #18 by Hank D Thoreau on 22 Jun 2021
  • You cooked at a much higher temp than I do. I go with 250 and reverse sear. It gives me a fairly consistent color inside. I do a lot of tri-tips. More than anything else. They are readily available for a good price where I live.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• #19 by Kristin Meredith on 22 Jun 2021
  • Yeah, when we lived in California you could get tri-tip anywhere it seemed.  Heck, Santa Maria was the home of the original tri-tip.  Also popular in Nevada and Arizona, but just an unheard of cut of meat back here and in most of the East I think. I was able to pick up 2 more at the local market yesterday, but $7.99 a pound!  Hopefully they will continue to sell them.
  • #20 by Bentley on 22 Jun 2021
  • Traditionally it is a cut of meat that is grilled.  That is the way it was cooked in the part of the world I grew up in and it is always the way I have enjoyed eating it.  I am not a fan of the reverse sear.
  • #21 by Clonesmoker on 22 Jun 2021
  • I bought 4 of these last year at our local Fareway store in in Iowa. $2.99/lb.  Just a 50/50 kosher salt and pepper and on the smoker. OMG!! These things just have a ton of flavor probably my favorite cut of meat now with the point of the brisket my second fav. 
  • #22 by Brushpopper on 22 Jun 2021
  • One of my favorites too.  My wife and daughter went out of town for a few days, so I'm cooking one the way I like it, which means not overdone.  They don't believe the red juice is a protein called myoglobin.  They think it's blood.  Party time!!  :beer:
Pages:
Actions