•  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • I need to improve how I plate it on the roll, but it tasted much better than the plated appearance.

24oz thin sliced beef
    one white onion sliced
    couple shakes of Emeril's steak seasoning
    one Amoroso roll
    few slices of Cooper white cheese
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 20 Jun 2021
  • Just doesn't get any better than that!   :clap:
  • #9 by yorkdude on 20 Jun 2021
  • Oh mercy that looks fantastic.
    Nicely done.
  • #10 by Bentley on 20 Jun 2021
  • I am telling ya dude, put the cheese directly on the griddle, give it about 30 seconds, put the mixture on top, about another 30 seconds.  Then with a big long wide spatula, slide it under the cheese, up and into the roll.  Meat & fixins is now on bottom and cheese is on top and integrated!  Tony Luke Jr is right on that one!
  • #11 by bregent on 08 Jul 2021
  • Was at Cash and Carry (now CHEF'STORE) a few weeks ago and picked up some Original Philly Cheesesteak slices: https://phillycheesesteak.com/
    My wife needs to lower her intake of red meat, so I picked up their chicken slices as well.
    We can't get Amoroso rolls, so I made some Bahn Mi rolls, which are a great substitute. They have a strong outer shell that hold up to wet sloppy filling, and the inside is light and airy so you don't end up with a mouthful of bread in every bite.  I put the cheese on top and then flipped the pile so the cheese would melt.
    I still prefer the beef, but these were very tasty. Could have use a bit more cheese on each.

• #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2021
  • Nice chicken cheesesteak there.
  • #13 by BigDave83 on 08 Jul 2021
  • The chicken looks good, the GF would eat that.

What kind of chicken do you get? Like deli chicken or breast meat just thin sliced?
  • #14 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2021
  • The chicken looks good, the GF would eat that.

What kind of chicken do you get? Like deli chicken or breast meat just thin sliced?

He has the link for philly cheesesteak on his post.   I am pretty sure Restaurant Depot and/or Sam's Club carries that brand or similar in both beef and chicken frozen, thin slices separated by wax paper.
  • #15 by bregent on 08 Jul 2021
  • Right. These were the marinated 4oz chicken slices, although we use 4 'packs' to make 3 sandwiches, so about 5.3 oz on each.
Pages:
Actions