Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by zephyr on 30 Sep 2017
  • Way to go Queball, glade you could finally get a Rotisserie going. Got a whole, 55 day dry aged chuck, I'm going to do on mine.     .....................................       ZEP
  • #17 by zephyr on 01 Oct 2017
  • SmokinHandyman,
    Yes! I made the rotisserie. Did everything except the welding which unfortunately I don't know how to do. Here on the site go to "PIT TALK", COOKSHACK, PG500 CUSTOM ROTISSERIE. You can see how it was made there.

Your welds look good to me!  ................................................  ZEP
  • #18 by Quadman750 on 01 Oct 2017
  • Superb cook, love the slice of pineapple :lick:
  • #19 by Queball on 01 Oct 2017
  • This was boneless and  rolled, I guess. There were more than one in the case, but this one had the "Money Muscle" in it that I could see, so I grabbed it.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    It came encased in this elastic netting. I have cooked deboned legs of lamb that came were wrapped in very hard plastic netting. I removed this netting and trussed the butt with butchers string. Can that plastic net be left on during a cook?

The grilled pineapple is always great with pork. Blew the coordinating injection part but it was still very tasty.

Zep .... Hope you post the aged beef cook ..... ROTO BEEF!
    • Queball
  • #20 by GregW on 01 Oct 2017
  • Your cook looks awesome.
    The Smithfield All Natural brand of pork has shown up in my local Walmart. It is a good deal more expensive than the regular Smithfield pork, but the Natural doesn't have any solution added.
    I have been cooking the All Natural baby back ribs and I have to say they are some of the best I have ever cooked.
    I have two slabs to cook today.

I would love to have a rotisserie.
    • GregW
  • #21 by pz on 01 Oct 2017
  • Way to go Queball, glade you could finally get a Rotisserie going. Got a whole, 55 day dry aged chuck, I'm going to do on mine.     .....................................       ZEP

That sounds really interesting ZEP - be sure to post the results  ;)

I've only done dry aging a couple of times, but the end result is worth the effort.
  • #22 by Bentley on 01 Oct 2017
  • I guess it can.

Elastic Netting

It came encased in this elastic netting. I have cooked deboned legs of lamb that came were wrapped in very hard plastic netting. I removed this netting and trussed the butt with butchers string. Can that plastic net be left on during a cook?
  • #23 by SmokinHandyman on 01 Oct 2017
  • I have done cooks with the elastic netting with no problems.
  • #24 by Queball on 01 Oct 2017
  • I also like Smithfields "All Natural" line and have done their ribs also. .... Like you, good stuff without all the solutions and salt pumped into it. I guess the concensus is that the netting can stay for indirect cooks. .... Thanks! Saves a step.
    • Queball
  • #25 by GregW on 01 Oct 2017
  • Yes, the Smithfield solution added ribs a ok, but once you realize what they are, you can taste the added solution. To me, it gives the ribs a ham like taste.
    I really like the all natural ones.
    • GregW
  • #26 by Queball on 02 Oct 2017
  • I'm with you Greg! ....and I think the country is beginning to realize we don't need all of that junk in our food. But as you indicated .... "Nothing is free" and the costs are higher. So, I guess it's a matter of "What's it worth to you?" ... It's worth it to me.
    • Queball
  • #27 by Son of Earle on 02 Oct 2017
  • Nice job Queball.  Rotisserie pork butt has been my favorite to cook so far. 
  • #28 by Queball on 03 Oct 2017
  • Son of Earle,
    Do you have a rotisserie rig on your pellet cooker? .... What do you use.
    • Queball
  • #29 by Son of Earle on 03 Oct 2017
  • I have several rotisserie options for my GMG DB.  Here are two of them from past cooks posted on the other site. 
    When time allows I will show some other neat attachments I have for my rotisserie. 
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #30 by Queball on 03 Oct 2017
  • Very Cool! ...... for your cooker that set up is great! Have you ever tried baking with the rotating multiple shelves the ribs are on. Are you a metal worker or are you adapting parts that are out on the market?
    • Queball
Pages:
Actions