Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SmokeandGrit on 24 Jun 2021
  • It's not in my possession yet but I ordered a vertical pellet smoker from Louisiana Grills. I also have a Weber Spirit for my quick cooks and my workhorse is the 26 inch Kettle. I'm looking forward to learning a new style of cooking with pellets. I've learned a great deal from this site as a guest. Honest information from real users not influencers.
  • #2 by Osborn Cox on 25 Jun 2021
  • Welcome!    I’ve been eyeing up a vertical pellet smoker myself.   I just gave one as a gift last weekend so I’m waiting to get some feedback on that before I decide.    Lots of good info and technical knowledge here if you ever have questions.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 25 Jun 2021
  • Welcome, you will like the vertical.

I have one of the Pit Boss CH7 models. I like it a lot, only down side was my controller would go all wonky at times so there was not a level of trust when it came to using it with out me being close by. I have since swapped a different brand controller in and it is great. The space is awesome for when doing jerky or hanging sausages. and if you want to feed a lot of people hold massive amounts of chicken and pork chops.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 25 Jun 2021

•   A most warm welcome to our humble group !

One thing you must be aware of is, addiction. Wood pellet cooking can lead you down that road.
  • #5 by SmokeandGrit on 25 Jun 2021
  • Thanks for the welcome everybody.  :) :bbq:

My new addition won't be hear until July 1st so I've got a few days to grab some pellets. I live in the Austin, Texas area so luckily I've got an Academy store five minutes from my house and several HEB grocery stores which have a small but nice selection of smoking and grilling supplies. Pecan has become my favorite smoking wood because the aroma is so darn savory.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 25 Jun 2021
  • Greetings, and welcome to the forum!
    Congrats on the new smoker (when you get it  ;D)!!!
  • #7 by Brushpopper on 25 Jun 2021
  • Howdy from south of San Antonio.  I think you have a Cookinpellets dealer there and I'm jealous.  But I do like the B&B that I can get at H-E-B.
  • #8 by triplebq on 29 Jun 2021
  • Welcome to the group. I have been using B&B that Academy Sports carry for about a year now. My advice is grab a few brands and see what you like.
Pages:
Actions