Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 26 Jun 2021
  • The reason I like to use a covered pan after its time in the smoke, instead of just straight foil wrap is because of all the juices!  That and I am not a hard bark fan.
  • #32 by pmillen on 26 Jun 2021
  • Looking forward to hearing how others like your pulled pork tomorrow.

Guests were my two kids and their two children, each.  They're typically honest with me about my cooks.  They all loved it.  I thought that it could have had more smoke flavor.  There was plenty of smoke in the pit, so I suspect that I should have periodically spritzed it.  I think smoke adheres better to moist surfaces.
  • #33 by BigDave83 on 27 Jun 2021
  • I did these over friday night. they were smaller the 2 were 15 pound. Usually what I find are 8 to 9 pounders. I seasoned tossed them in the little cookshack for 13 hours at 225. I should have done 12 on these due to size. These were some of the fattiest I have seen in a long time, I trimmed some of it before cooking. Took out and put in the tub covered with plastic wrap, set on a folded towel and cover with 2 more for about 3 hours. Shredded, seasoned a bit more and added some of the defatted drippings back in. These are for a last minute birthday party this evening.

Ended up with little over 7 pounds.
  • #34 by urnmor on 27 Jun 2021
  • very nice
Pages:
Actions