Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > MAK

MAK Discontinues M4 Probes for K-Style Probes

(1/3) > >>

Bar-B-Lew:
They made the announcement and have cut the price until they sell out of their M4 probes they currently have in stock.  After that, you will need to quit using the probe on controller or buy a new controller that uses the K-Style probes.

Thermoworks uses the K probes for their higher end thermometer equipment.  I don't know if there probes will work on the MAK or not.  Nor do I know the pricing of the MAK K-style probes.  I do know that the Thermoworks K-style are usually about 5x the cost of the M4 type connector.

At one point, I thought there would be little that would change in the technology of a pellet grill that could make it obsolete over time.  My thoughts are starting to change.  It think it is going to become more and more expensive to maintain a pellet grill going forward as the controllers are changing every few years and especially if replacement parts will not be kept available.

Now, I'm not saying don't buy a pellet grill, but I do think it is something that you may need to pay more attention to then you may have in the past.

Bentley:
Things like this might drive a man to charcoal, or dare I say it...gas!

02ebz06:
I think I only used the Memphis built in probe once.
Meat was getting close to being done and I needed to run to the store.
That is the nice feature of it in that it will shut temp down to minimum once the RTD temp reaches the set temp.
Otherwise, I have always used the Maverick and now Smoke thermometers and see no need for it.
The Elite has 3 probes now, but still don't use them.  Not a fan of the app.

EDIT: Has 3 probe Jacks, but only one probe. Cheapskates...

Bar-B-Lew:
I don't use mine on the Elite or the MAK.  Probably a small market to sell them to someone at a cheap price.

Canadian John:

The technological evolution of pellet pits has been exponential, almost to the point of discouragement for a person such as myself.. "BACK to BASIC FIRE".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View