Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 03 Jul 2021

•  The igniter is an easy fix. At least you aren't doun + out and have found the cause of the problem..
  • #17 by 02ebz06 on 03 Jul 2021
  • I would have expected it to just turn off after x minutes if temp hadn't increased.
  • #18 by Brushpopper on 04 Jul 2021
  • I would have expected to just turn off after x minutes if temp hadn't increased.

I thought that at first when it shut off because I had left the lid open and got busy with something else for my wife for awhile but I had no power whatsoever to the controller.
  • #19 by Canadian John on 04 Jul 2021

•  The Roanoke controller (same as yours except for programming) on the Memphis will energize the igniter if it senses a certain drop in temperature over a certain time. At very low tmps ~ 180º - ~ 220º ish, the

igniter stays off unless the lid is left open for a minute or so. At higher temps ~ 350º up, it is faster. ~ 500º it's almost instant: open the lid + the igniter comes on. When it comes on, it stays on for close to 7

minuits. When opening the lid, depending for how long I intend to have it open, I'll drop the temp setting to its lowest setting. That generally gives me time to do what I have to + get the lid shut averting an

other igniter cycle.  My intent is to extend ignitre life.

After that long ramble, what may have happened to you is: The igniter shorted to ground just after it had ignited the pellets and the power to it from the controller had been switched off.  After that when you

opened the lid, the pit temp dropped to where the controller felt a reignite was in order energizing the igniter circuit only for power to be sent to ground resulting in a circuit overload = burnt fuse.

• #20 by Brushpopper on 04 Jul 2021
  • When I fired it up Friday it never lit the fire.  I ordered a new igniter and I'll find out.
Pages:
Actions